What's new

Recent content by toddho

1. T

Lofting intersecting planes

Thanks so much for taking your time to help me out. I'll contact support. Thanks again Harold Todd
  2. T

Thanks for the reply. After looking at your part I did see something that I was doing wrong. Although I did project the first two sketches onto the third plane to create the sweep contour, I made this third sweep sketch closed. I have since corrected this but I still can not get the loft to...
  3. T

Documentation says it cant be done. Any suggestions on how I would accomplish this? Lofting the sketch on YZ to the sketch on XZ along the 1/4 ellipse on YX plane and the origin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Todd
  4. T

Traceparts ANSI fasteners?

Thank you to all that replied. I was unaware of the partlibrary. I found just what I needed..quickly. I need that link in the "add-on". Thanks again! Todd
  5. T

Traceparts ANSI fasteners?

I am trying to find a simple 4-40 cup point set screw in Traceparts. I cant even seem to find the ANSI section. EVERYTHING is METRIC! I remember imperial sizes were hard to find but now I cant find them at all! Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks Todd
  6. T

Key board shortcut for"Insert Assmebly Constraint"

Thanks! Odd that the word "constraint" isn't used on either the "Insert Assembly Constraint" or the "Quick constraint" in the keyboard short cuts. I am setting up a 3D Connection mouse and I wanted to assign the buttons on the 3d mouse to these functions. Thanks again for taking the time to...
  7. T

Key board shortcut for"Insert Assmebly Constraint"

Is there a keyboard short cut for the "Insert Assembly constraint"? I have found the "Quick Constraint" <cntl>Q but I do not know where/how to set up the "Insert Assembly constraint" keyboard shortcut.
  8. T

New Alibre 2011

A few posts back (Oct 25) it was stated the the Parts Library as well as Motion and CAM will not work with the 64bit version. Is this still the case? I can't seem to get either the Motion or the parts library to install. All I have is the Trace parts. Thanks Todd
  9. T

Automatically add drill bit number to call out?

Understood. Material will definitely make a difference, but there are several "standards" that I am always inserting into the drawings. This is how my process generally goes: I want to make a tapped hole for a say 10-24 in T6061 aluminum. Go to look-up table ->So for a 75% thread I need to...
  10. T

Automatically add drill bit number to call out?

Group, Is there a way to get Alibre to automatically add the drill bit number to a drawing/part when a hole is specified. For example: if I select a 6-32 UNC-2B from the insert Hole pop-up with the source specified as Tap drill diameter. The Hole call out it will display ".115 6-32 UNC". I...