What's new

Recent content by Zetopan

1. Z

unable to trim part of a circle

See the attached image. The default setting in my 2017 Alibre is a "Square Shape", but by clicking on the dropdown menu arrow you can see the larger set of shapes available. I only included a single circle/round shape to simplify the drawing. In reality the same circle/round shape is...
  2. Z

simonb65 said: Can you post a picture (screen snip) of the sketch that wouldn't trim. Sure thing, see the attached JPG file. The square shape is 0.3150" on a side. The round shape has a diameter of 0.0625" and its center is located 20 mils inside the top and left sides of the square. This...
  3. Z

oldfox said: "Zetopan, load up the sketch below and you can play with it. "Trim Figure" is really one of the basic features of AD." I cannot load that part since you are using a newer version of Alibre. What version of AD/GD are you using?" I am using Alibre 2017. I am considering...
  4. Z

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I finally got it to work using the method that HaroldL suggested. I fully agree with bigseb that this should easily work using a 2D sketch. The odd thing is that when I do a trim it correctly identifies the circular arc that is to be trimmed, but simply...
  5. Z

Harold: Actually, I had originally tried doing it that way but Alibre refused the operation of extruding the circles after extruding the square, so I decided to try to create the composite shape and do a single extrusion instead. The Alibre original refusal claimed that the shapes were not...
  6. Z

I have sketched a square with overlapping circles located near each corner. The eventual purpose of the circles is to make an outer radius corner so that a square object will fit into the square shape. I initially had trouble trimming away the parts of the square that were inside the circles...
  7. Z

Help link error

OK, thank you. By the way, I previously looked but did not see this error referenced on this website. I also had to sign up again since my GeoMagic login did not work, to give you an idea of how long it has been since I last visited this forum.
  8. Z

Help link error

When you click on "Help -> Forum" in the opening window it takes you to the incorrect location: http://forum.alibre.com/ instead of the correct location: https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/ Not a killer bug, but it would be nice if it worked correctly.