What's new

VOTE: Do you use the Spinners?

What are your thoughts about the spinner control?

• I never use it, and would not care if disappeared.

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • I never use it, but also getting rid of it will make me upset (:D).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I sometimes use it.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I use it enough, and will be upset if it disappears.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • It is critical to my efficiency.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
The spinners make sense if you have a corresponding spinner adjustment setting in the Options. I haven't made a setting change in a long time so the spinners really don't help much, I just reenter an adjusted value if I need.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I never use it and wish I could turn it off. One of Alibre's most annoying little bugs (bug probably isn't the right word), seems to maybe, be tied to it.

If while the extrude dialogue box Is open, I use the right and left mouse together to rotate the view, the rotation of the view causes the spinner to run up a ridiculously high value in the extrude distance field, which then sometimes causes Alibre to lock up and crash.

Cator

Sometimes I use it. It would be more useful if you could set the progression value (10,1,0.1 f.e). Many programs give the possibility to multiply\divide the value set using the Alt\Control keys. Then its use makes practical sense.

dlaery

Alibre Super User
I use it a lot. my default setting is .001 inches. i too use it for nudging. most of my drawing are from pics with no dimensions and are organic shapes.
I don't like change, only improvements.

BigKahunaFL

I had to change my vote. I don't, or more precisely, haven't used it, but after reading some of the responses (re: "nudging"), I have to say that I believe its use will be in my future. Assuming of course that it is still there!

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Ok, maybe I should clarify my position on spinners. I don't use them for dimensions, but I do use them for counts - like in patterns. But in counts there isn't really a need for a flip button or measure button, so spinners have plenty of room.

Status
Not open for further replies.