What's new

Search results

1. R

V25 DXF export has segmented non-linear edges

So just to make sure, I imported the DXF and changed the curve smoothness settings from Coarse to Fine but it didn't change the way the circles were displayed. I thought this issue had been addressed quite some time ago, or? The software still does treat each displayed object as an element...
  2. R

I think the actual DXF file may be fine and the segmentation results from the way Alibre does the DXF import. If I import it into the PCB design software I use, it is fine as it treats circles as circles. This is zoomed into the inside circular edge along with a hole: The PCB design software...
  3. R

Stefan: Thanks for that. I'm starting to suspect that the segmentation is software/system related; I'm running Win 7 on a Lenovo W520, BTW. Problem now is, does Alibre show the actual DXF data, and/or does other software smooth the circular features when the DXF is imported? I suppose I could...
  4. R

Harold: I've got it set that way for 2D drawings as well as the 3D model that the 2D drawings are generated from.
  5. R

Not sure if I'm overlooking some settings somewhere, but when exporting a DXF for having some parts laser cut, the circular edges are segmented more than I would like them to be. Does anyone know if there is a way to reduce this? I've made sure that the display settings under File Properties...
  6. R

Showing weld seams on folded sheet metal parts

Thanks for that; good explanation. That would also work. Linear Pattern could be used to fill in the other corners.
  7. R

OK, thanks for for the feedback. It's kind of what I expected; I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking any features. I think a script would be extremely helpful and would be a good solution but I'd have to get into things much deeper and don't have the time for that right now. I don't...
  8. R

Just wondering if anyone knows of a better way to show weld seams on folded aluminum parts that have been modeled as a sheet metal part. The material thickness I'm using at the moment is 4.7 mm. I realize there are annotations available but they don't show the physical seam. The voids where...