What's new

Search results

1. D

Solidworks - latest offer

DouglassJ Yes, I like SW, but a user put me onto Solid Edge CE - have a look at it. Full features include 2d drawings, assembly, sheet metal, and simulation I have stopped my SW subscription and will use SE for a while to evaluate, so far it is great and easy UI to use. I redraw some old...
  2. D

Garrit, Thanks for the tip with Solid Edge CE. Great product, has all needed components e.g. 2d drawings (with sections, details, broken lines, export to dwg), assembly, simulation, sheet metal Just spending the afternoon going thru the included videos and tutorials. I like the nice and neat UI...
  3. D

That's interesting Mika, where did you read that? I guess the same can be said about CAD software, all different file formats I always try to save finished projects as format neutral, like STEP, and even finished 2d drawings as DWG
  4. D

These files are saved locally (no difference to Alibre) or you can save them in the cloud (which I don't like) The price works out to about $150 per year. I agree I stayed away from Fusion 360 for the reason that the files are kept in the cloud At least with SolidWorks, you can save locally...
  5. D

All, out of interest have you seen the latest offer from Solidworks, $16.48 AUD per month for full version 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers - Collaborative Industry Innovator - 3D Sculptor - Collaborative Business Innovator - 3D Creator - NC Shop Floor Programmer - 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS...
  6. D

Alibre Atom3D Crosshair style

I prefer the smaller crosshair would be nice if the option could be given
  7. D

Alibre Atom3D Crosshair style

Hi All Anyone know of a setting to change the ""big"" crosshair style in atom3d to the Alibre Design ""smaller" style? Andrew
  8. D

Atom Mode or code

I have atom3d, would be nice to have a switch to full alibre so I could give advice to users on how to use the full version. Andrew
  9. D

List Of 3D Printing Slicers

Hey Bigseb What's your thoughts so far with the proton? Has your LCD failed yet seem a common fault. Andrew
  10. D

TCT 2019

Hi Bigseb What slicer do you use with the anycubic? Andrew
  11. D

Scripting and atom 3D

Can a alibre script be a standalone program to work with Atom3d?
  12. D

Scripting and atom 3D

Might be a silly question but does alibre script work with Atom 3D
  13. D

Try this out - online license management

Does this new licensing work with atom 3D
  14. D

Alibre low cost version

I would still like to see an online payment option, exchange rates, tax and markups add to the cost quite significantly I can understand with high cost supported products. Anyhow just something to think about
  15. D

Licence releasing

I guess this is a good idea having a licence server but it doesn't suit what I do and what others do when you're working in the office and then have to take your laptop out into the field or into the workshop
  16. D

Two Machine licensing issues

I agree https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/licence-releasing.20389/
  17. D

Licence releasing

Max is it a possibility that you could probably have a look into this
  18. D

Bigseb Have changed it Avatar again. What happened?

Australia in 4 years! Watch out
  19. D

Licence releasing

Teamviewer is great if the host PC is on Another idea would be to allow multi licences but only one concurrent user - similar to Bentley Select licence agreement Andrew
  20. D

Licence releasing

Hi All I have one licence between my work PC and home laptop (BTW like others I did have 3 licences at one stage...) In my case, I am the only user and I only use the PC or laptop. I always forget to release the licence before going home or vice versa. It would be nice to have a way to release a...