What's new

Search results

1. J

Drawing Dimension Problem

Stefan, Thanks for thinking of that! That is what I will do going forward! Best, Jake
  2. J

Hey Ralf and Stefan, I am using my 1050 with Alibre, as my onboard GPU is much wimpier and not suitable for large projects. If I have time today I will test the legacy features, but I don't know why it needs to be tested. As it worked 3 days ago on v24, and this feature was added with v25 so I...
  3. J

Hey Ralf, I don't think I need to use legacy as I never had a performance issue prior, I was running some version of v24, not the most current v24 update as I had a v24 and v25 update on Tuesday morning when I updated. As for hardware I am using a GTX 1050 Ti, display resolution 3840 x 2160...
  4. J

The point is I didn't have a problem with dimensioning 2 days ago, now I have a problem. I don't need a snapping feature on dimensions when I can click accurately on the line I want selected, ONLY TO HAVE THE INCORRECT LINE SELECTED. This isn't because something I am doing, this is because...
  5. J

Can I turn off the snapping for the dimension tool? I preferred how dimensioning was prior to V25. I like how the snap setting is for everything else, just not dimensioning when I am doing numerous metal parts that have thin thicknesses. Jake
  6. J

Hi Ralf, I use a real mouse, MX Master 2S, that's why in my post I said, " I physically lift the mouse off of my pad," so this is occurring with a mouse, and then on my edit, since I am using a laptop, I am able to use my trackpad to test. My snap setting is set to 3.0 mm. Normal zoom is...
  7. J

That isn't the case though, I have just tested at a normal zoom for dimensioning and I physically lift the mouse off of my pad so there is no movement while the top line is highlighted, click, and I still get the bottom ID line. That doesn't make sense in the regards to I am shifting my mouse...
  8. J

Here's a video showing the bug, notice I am highlighting/previewing the 1.8" OD click and it turns red, then I click and it uses the ID dimension of 1.75". Best, Jake
  9. J

Hey Harold, Here's a screen shot. Best, Jake
  10. J

Hello all, Doing details of Sheet Metal Parts. Dimensioning channels or angles end views, so you see the profile of the angle. When I select some dimensions they incorrectly select the inside or outside thickness instead of the opposite. I click the end of a leg, then go to the OD of the other...
  11. J

Problems with Rack & Gear Constraints

Hey Ken thanks for testing it, I don't know why your unable to generate the random movement. Attached is another video showing me un-suppressing 2 constraints without movement, then doing 2 more and having them shoot the rack arm up twice. From your video there are 4 more gear constraints that...
  12. J

There you all are. Best of luck. Jake
  13. J

Hey Ken, Yeah I am familiar with how the constraints are used, my problem is that I am setting numerous positions and utilizing gears interlocking in a system and when I suppress to set a gears relative position to another or to a rack and the un-suppress the constraint it changes the position...
  14. J

Sheet metal bug?

Ginger, I have that problem appear every so often, I design quite a bit of sheet metal parts. There is no solution I have found, other than close and reopen. Sometimes Alibre is just broken in what ever is loaded on the memory and needs to be fully closed and reopened to "resolve" whatever...
  15. J

Hello Everyone, Curious if any other users that have been utilizing rack and gear constraints have had any issues? Specifically I am utilizing a rack and gear system to try and verify size and dimensions of parts for a damper and I have to suppress constraints to reset gears to be meshing...
  16. J

v25 is now live - June 20, 2022

Looks like some awesome enhancements, expanded snapping and design explorer tree enhancements were ones that caught my eye! Excited to try the Wrap and 3D project tool. Good work Alibre Team!
  17. J

Script prerelease - CoG-Point Update V03

Simon! Wow I thought it was implemented, but somehow I just missed that in my hunt for the CoG this morning. Thanks a bunch @Max for implementing this feature into Alibre. Edit: I need the dimensional values so what Stefan's script did is more useful, the visual representation is helpful to...
  18. J

Script prerelease - CoG-Point Update V03

Hi Stefan, The script worked well for me, thanks for creating this and improving it. Best, Jake
  19. J

[Solved] Preventing Alibre from Rounding

David, Thanks understood. I was originally confused with the DoF callout you mentioned, but now I know what you mean. I will stop using those and change my workflow to use either equals or just the standard dimensioning tool. I'll let you know if I see any other cases where this pops up! Thanks...
  20. J

[Solved] Preventing Alibre from Rounding

Mike, this is definitely something I have experienced with sheet metal as well. The best part is when some of those dimensions round up on one part, and then on the next part they don't, even occurring on the same drawing detail, and like you said you can't just force it to round up or down. I...