What's new

Search results

1. U

Source for nuts & bolts etc

In the add on manager the Web link there takes you to a website that has native Alibre parts as well as others, loads of choice. Trace parts it's called
  2. U

3D Mouse on V28

I got my first mouse when I was training on NX. The rotation was horrid and the NX splash screen (back when it was unigraphics) used to show up 3d connexion, I suspect they must have had some sort of partnership or something. But yeah no longer works here so whatever :)
  3. U

3D Mouse on V28

"Be civil" Is the first comment on your forum etiquette rules. Yet here you are telling me I'm barking up the wrong tree? I have an older device, big deal. I wouldn't expect software to be updated in such a way that it would make the hardware obsolete, would you and for what reason? I use NX...
  4. U

3D Mouse on V28

So if I want to use a space mouse with V27 onwards I need to bin this and get another? I'm not sure why that would be a thing to be honest.
  5. U

3D Mouse on V28

So I spent yesterday afternoon downloading literally every file from 3d connexion and trying it out. I got two installs to work with my mouse, others saw the mouse turned the led lights on and then it stopped working. The install that "worked" gives me zoom only. That's zoom tipping the ball...
  6. U

3D Mouse on V28

No neither had I but it wouldn't do anything so I unistalled/repaired the install and I've so far managed to get it zooming in and out. I press the 'panel' button on the space mouse and the 3d connexion dialog pops up and says Alibre Design at the top. When I tick the zoom options box it totally...
  7. U

3D Mouse on V28

Sorry corrected my typo
  8. U

3D Mouse on V28

Cheers for that interesting read. I didn't use it much with V27 but I when I did it was fine. I'll continue to try these remaining drivers but I'm not hopeful.
  9. U

3D Mouse on V28

Might be the device itself, mine doesn't tell me there is an update when there is because it won't work, maybe there is something in the install that stops it if it knows it won't work. Mine is a Space Explorer, if I use the latest driver it doesn't communicate with the pc. I have to install...
  10. U

3D Mouse on V28

I'll have to do some testing on the drivers. I mean what a shocker that the place selling these devices recommended that action! :rolleyes:
  11. U

3D Mouse on V28

https://3dconnexion.com/uk/archived-drivers/?fwp_drivers_product=spaceexplorer-usb&fwp_drivers_os=windows-10-64bit This is the one I have to use. I did update to the latest at some point (ages ago) and things didn't work. I may have to do some testing, bit naff if I can't use my space mouse...
  12. U

3D Mouse on V28

Hi all, I seem to remember a post about the drivers being updated for this and I said I hope they keep old driver support, can't actaully find that post. I've plugged mine in today to use in anger and it simply does not work in Alibre! I've repaired the install of the 3d connexion drivers...
  13. U

Orient to plane - how to flip to the other side

Is it something to do with which way the plane is looking? The normal of the plane I mean. I haven't come across this instance in Alibre but had it in other software. Then flip the normal of the plane and it looks at it from the other side
  14. U

Dimension a DIA on a detail view

I was trying to figure out how to suppress half the dimension line, where is it please? Yeah I've no issues doing a bit of jiggery pokery but I would say there is something abnormal about dimensions on imported parts. I've known this in other software, like the centre line thing
  15. U

Yes, I did. Thinking that maybe the way forward. But it seemed to move the dimension into fresh air
  16. U

Just to add to this, the parts were an imported stp file. I've set up a file now and it behaves differently. To get the rad in the detail view, I've needed to move the detail circle past the centre line so it updates and appears in the detail view. Dimension from centreline to outside face to...
  17. U

Hi all, I have a view which shows a step on the part. I've given it a detail view, increased the scale and positioned on the sheet. I then want to dimension the diameters. I thought I'll add a centre line and then dimension to that, then overide the dimension with the figure it should be. Not...
  18. U

Red dimensions in drawings - again.....

Weirdly when I open my file up now it's got less issues! I tried making a fresh file and it didn't do it, but I can email send it to a staff member but can't post it on here. So long as we can ensure it's deleted at their end once they have looked at it?
  19. U

Red dimensions in drawings - again.....

I'll do an example of what my file was doing, I can't share the actual file, but I'll try and recreate it