What's new

Search results

1. stepalibre

Alibre Solutions

I swear the forum has more information in it than the Smithsonian has artifacts. I remember this and I think the sourcecode wasn't included, I'll take a look again.
  2. stepalibre

Alibre Solutions

I still need information from you. The addon needs a name and other information. I'll put anything for now, but the idea is you are making your own addon. The addon will be added here: This information needs to be filled out for addon in the adc file: Example...
  3. stepalibre

Can you drive text input in sketches at the Dynamic Library/ Excel- driven Toolbox etc level?

For a quick visual this is what I mean: Clearly the text was mapped to the wrong surface direction should be outward not inward, 0 and Z need an offset between them. The purpose is explaining the concept, I'm not saying this is a good or bad idea. edit: The cut feature is also missing.
  4. stepalibre

Can you drive text input in sketches at the Dynamic Library/ Excel- driven Toolbox etc level?

Thanks. This is definitely useful. I don't think it'll work for alphanumeric and more detailed labeling unless you add a morse code or alphabet by angle version. For example: 0 degree = A 1 degree = B 2 degrees = C 3 degrees = D 4 degrees = E 5 degrees = F 6 degrees = G 7 degrees = H 8 degrees...
  5. stepalibre

Can you share the example files? I watched it. The use of Design Booleans may complicate things but this will work in some workflows. The number selector could be an assembly or a regular part. 10 digits would require 10 Design Booleans.
  6. stepalibre

Alibre Solutions

Alibre has undocumented APIs I might consider utilizing. I don't like using undocumented code in my projects for many reasons. If I choose to, it would make the solution potentially less reliable than documented APIs found in AlibreX.dll. Less reliable because Alibre could have a breaking change...
  7. stepalibre

Alibre Solutions

Everything I design is too thick to be sheetmetal.:confused: If this is sheetmetal I'll need more information. Sheetmetal environment doesn't have APIs to my knowledge so not much to add here. These seem to be for Alibre (feature request/improvements)? I would love to see the software update...
  8. stepalibre

Is there a way to cut the surface evenly?

You can maybe use lofts and projected sketches offset a reduced amount to recreate the surface. It's possible in Expert no idea for Adam.
  9. stepalibre

This is not hard to do with script either and is much faster! Using a database or dummy file with this setup is another level too. A few thoughts and things I'll look into later: How would updating 100-1000's of files work? I think code would solve this by updating the parameter values. You'll...
  10. stepalibre

Trouble with dimensionality in Equation Editor

What works for me with simple and complex equations is I never use distance types except for dimensions. Yes other ways work but I found a long time ago that those other methods start to break when updating calculations and trying to share formulas or equations from other files apps/tools. For...
  11. stepalibre

Alibre Solutions

I understand, and don't shy away from asking tough questions. Adding a command to the quick access menu (or whatever it's called) is not straightforward in Alibre. That's not documented as far as I know. Alternatives to quick access menus and built-in context menus is Quick Access Popup, custom...
  12. stepalibre

Project Problem

You can try something like this: Live long and prosper.
  13. stepalibre

Project Problem

Yes. That's why I said "I think". I've had bizarre results from wrap and project. You would need to add the project at another step in the process or rethink it entirely.
  14. stepalibre

Project Problem

The projected geometry cannot become coincident to the model edge (I think). If you move the projected arcs it won't wrap to the otherside. There are other methods.
  15. stepalibre

Trouble with dimensionality in Equation Editor

Use scale type without units specified. Angles are different. Set unit type in the distance type (the dimension) where it is being applied. These are the same.
  16. stepalibre

Alibre Solutions

This is exactly what I'm looking for: - Clearly described feature and/or functionality to create - Examples or references More information required: - Alibre product and version/build number - OS (Win 10 or 11) The process is automated. You need to provide all content details. - Addon name...
  17. stepalibre

Alibre Solutions

I'm building on top of devDept Eyeshot and their CAD/CAM/FEA: https://www.devdept.com/Products/Eyeshot?edition=fem
  18. stepalibre

Alibre Solutions

Yes. My question is more about the "Data" in PDM. I've used PDM systems to store data that I would pull into CAD drawings for example. Spreadsheets and text files could be attached to CAD files and with an addon/macro you could access the data. I setup simple examples of this using M-files 10+...
  19. stepalibre

Alibre Solutions

Thanks for the Moduleworks mention! I didn't know it existed. https://www.moduleworks.com/
  20. stepalibre

Alibre Solutions

Yes, both. Some people in their spare time golf, 3D print stuff or watch espn. I do this and watch espn while I work. In the Relief Maker team.;)