What's new

Search results

1. bolsover

3D Printing noob.

I'm thinking about buying a 3D printer... I have zero experience but am prepared to spend in region of £800 to get a machine that will produce accurate reliable prints with minimum fuss. Ideally I'd like something that can work with a variety of filaments (not keen on resin printers - just look...
  2. bolsover

Adventures in V24 Add-on Development

I finally got round to fixing a couple of issues with the 3D line code. All available here: https://github.com/bolsover/UtilitiesForAlibre/releases/tag/V1.0.0.8 David
  3. bolsover

Script development and testing

I've tried to integrate with Jetbrains Pycharm and not had any real success. As Nate said, I don't think it is really possible unless you are prepared to start writing a custom plug in for your chosen IDE. Out of interest, what IDE do you normally use? David
  4. bolsover

I've been doing some more testing of 3DSketching... So far, I have a tool that will allow entry of X,Y,Z coordinates and will then generate a series of line segments between each point. I also added the facility to import XYZ data from Excel. With a bit of fiddling in excel, I generated a series...
  5. bolsover

Hi Francesco Making a video is rather out of my comfort zone but I'll happily guide you through the process. I'm fortunate enough to have a licence for Jetbrains Rider but it is possible to compile the sources using Visual Studio Community edition. So your first job is to obtain that from...
  6. bolsover

Plans to write a simple 3DLine generator have hit a small snag... According to the AlibreX API docs... " Sketching 3D sketching is not yet supported in the API." Despite this, I have been able to create a 3DSketch and add one line (haven't tried adding more). The main issue is that the...
  7. bolsover

Hi Francesco. Thanks for the feedback. I had disabled all the menu items in the Drawing workspace but the Data Browser could be enabled... //Line 159 of UtilitiesForAlibre.. case SUBMENU_ID_DATA_BROWSER: return ADDONMenuStates.ADDON_MENU_GRAYED; //Could be changed to: case...
  8. bolsover

Update on project I started this thread partly to document my progress as I was starting to improve my C# skills (long way to go yet!) but also in an effort to help others overcome what looked like a steep learning curve for Alibre AddOn development by sharing what I discovered. Here are a few...
  9. bolsover

Hi Simon I'll certainly try out your suggestion of passing the Dictionary into the AddOnCommand; seems like a good clean solution. I'd actually approached differently by adding a Treminate event to the AddOnCommand whcih is invoked as part of the OnTerminate() method. The IAlibreAddOn adds a...
  10. bolsover

OK... So I think I've solved the problem. I've added an event (Terminate) to the AddOnCommand. This is invoked on completion of the OnTerminate routine. The event args are simply a reference to the AddOnCommand. In the IAlibreAddOn implementation, I add a listener for these events when the...
  11. bolsover

Hi Simon I've not tested with your code but had got things working better.. First I removed the Close button and now rely on the menu selection to toggle the view on/off. You suggested: // toggle the command (and it's panel) on/off if (m_TestCommand == null) { // show m_TestCommand =...
  12. bolsover

Hi Simon Sorry for taking some time to respond. A week away and then having some actual work to do... To answer your question re IAlibreAddOnCommand.. I had previously been ignoring the IAlibreAddOnCommand and was simply making calls from an implementation of IAlibreAddOn to instantiate new...
  13. bolsover

Thanks.. I have quite a lot to add to the project; particularly regarding the IAlibreAddOnCommand implementation - but not had time to tidy up my code. Maybe later this week. db
  14. bolsover

Custom Alibre File Browser

Hi David Thanks for the feedback. There is no limit on the number of folder levels. It's my guess it is failing on some particular file in your directory. I've not done much more with the app over the last couple of weeks (holiday and head elsewhere..) I did see a the app crash a few times -...
  15. bolsover

Hi Simon. Thanks for the comment. TBH, I haven't actually looked into the FacetData. I know it is an Array but no more. I guess it could be structured in some way but have no way to decide other than there does appear to be some pattern to the numbers suggesting an x, y, z tuple. Quite likely...
  16. bolsover

Hi Nate The tree data is retrieved as the user expands nodes. At present, I flag a node as expandable if it not a 'primitive' type i.e. int, bool, string etc. I don't do any checks if the node object is null - so quite often a node shows as expandable when there is no data. There are also a...
  17. bolsover

Something of a breakthrough... I now have an AddOn with it's own panel in the Alibre design window.. Contents of the window update as I click on different items in the design tree. I need to do some clean up of the code and more testing before I can share - but will have to wait a week as I'm...
  18. bolsover

Hi Francesco. I'm away for a few days... and have some more to do on the AddOn code before I'll be able to make a good set of 'how to' instructions. Once all the exploratory work is done I'll try to put together a very simple sample that might allow others to follow up with their own AddOn. Kind...
  19. bolsover

I've been digging a little further into the two interfaces IAlibreAddOnCommand and IADAddOnCommandSite. As noted in an earlier post, calling an AddOn menu item can optionally return an implementation of IAlibreAddOnCommand. I started by simply implementing the interface and calling against a...
  20. bolsover

Release: Sketch Find Plane

@simon65 Some good detective work there finding a 'cause' of the exceptions. I guess that sketches are actually tied to the OriginPoint or maybe the SketchPlaneNormal. I'm curious as to how you are calling the C# code... Are you executing from the python scripting interface or from a standalone...