What's new

Search results

1. DavidJ

Rotated slots through a tube

I seem to recall that element of sketch being close to edge of face can be an issue. Suggest that you report via feedback buttons on the Home Window of the beta - just to make sure Development is aware.
  2. DavidJ

Modeling a helical staircase?

3. DavidJ

Modeling a helical staircase?

Assembly circular pattern has what you need. Am not at my computer right now so can't show full detail. Model that first step, insert into assembly, then use circular pattern...
  4. DavidJ

Improvements to pattern

If you submit a request - include full details, including what do all those extra options actually do? (the terms are not obvious to me). What are the key features that are either much easier with that control, or are currently not possible at all in Alibre that are enabled by it?
  5. DavidJ

Keyboard shortcut Edit Root Assembly

I tested with 'Ctrl+Page Down' as the shortcut, which worked to both edit the part and to return to the (selected) root assembly. Most letter keys I considered were already in use as shortcuts.
  6. DavidJ

It isn't in the shortcut list. I just set a shortcut on my system for edit part/sub-assembly - it invokes 'edit here', from that mode if I select the root assembly and use the same shortcut again, I get back to the main assembly. Suggest that you try again or check the Help carefully on...
  7. DavidJ

Doesn't your edit part/sub-assembly shortcut work if you select the top level assembly ...?
  8. DavidJ

Assemblies inside assemblies

Try inserting the part ONCE, thereafter use 'Insert Duplicate' (from right click menu) - either that or when you first insert the import part insert as many instances as you need. If you import the part separately from STEP on several occasions, AD will make a part file for each import, so you...
  9. DavidJ

video cards

I also use that same card (with a 4K monitor) - occasionally things get a bit slow in AD, but I couldn't swear whether that is the card or something else.
  10. DavidJ

3D model views...

All depends how you look at the world - which often changes with size of part. Is your monitor representing the XY table on your mill (with Z out of screen towards you), or an XZ view (looking out of your kitchen window at your car ? There is no 'correct' orientation - it tends to vary between...
  11. DavidJ

video cards

Also you may get some improvement by dialling back on the performance customisation https://help.alibre.com/articles/#!alibre-help-v24/workspace-preferences-display-display-acceleration. In the extreme case you can switch to legacy display, but you'll lose some features. Plus legacy display...
  12. DavidJ

I hate the hole tool.

At first use in a design session the hole tool loads up the thread information file - that is why you'll notice a pause. You can 'project to sketch' one sketch into an existing hole tool sketch - choose normal or reference figures depending upon circumstance. If projecting hole sketch (nodes)...
  13. DavidJ

Error in Library feature

Don - from v24 'non design intent' changes no longer update the internal version number. That means changing thumbnail or various view related settings won't up-rev the internal version and hence won't trigger a 'must save' of assemblies and drawings the item is used in. Alibre did listen...
  14. DavidJ

Error in Library feature

This is why I asked - people mean different things by simple words like 'library' - unless we provide detail we might all be talking about different aspects of the same thing, or even about totally different things!! It is unrealistic to expect any enhancement/improvement/new feature without a...
  15. DavidJ

Error in Library feature

What do you mean by 'real library'? Are you looking for additional categories of pre-provided content, or some changes/additions to functionality?
  16. DavidJ

Error in Library feature

Though not in the initial Beta release of version 25, it looks like a fix for this issue has been prepared for the next v25 build.
  17. DavidJ

Poll: PDF of Help?

Ron's book was 'print on demand' when it was available. The publisher (I think it was originally Lulu) hasn't listed it in a long time. It was supplemented when available by downloadable example files. I found it to be very good.
  18. DavidJ

Is extra "save" sequence still the same from V24 to V25?

If the internal version number hasn't changed, there should be no prompt to save when closing the assembly. There was a lot of work done such that internal version numbers are no longer changed by 'non design intent' changes - but of course possible that there are some less obvious cases that...
  19. DavidJ

NO>>>>>! I'm using the Close (X) button to close the file. There is no dialogue. That is the difference.
  20. DavidJ

Regardless of how you check colours - I'm not currently able to replicate the reported behaviour with v24. If I open assembly, just look at it, move the viewport around, then close - there is no prompt about saving, it just closes. Same if I do open colour properties but Cancel out of it. Am...