What's new

Search results

1. Dave H

AD V24 vs AD 2018 Performance

Hey All, I have used AD since 2011. I stopped my maintenance in 2018 due to the fact I retired and do not use AD very often, nor do I make any money with it anymore. At least not at this moment. You never know. I have been through the new feature list for V24/V25 vs 2018. Some I can see my self...
  2. Dave H

Rotated slots through a tube

Been away from Alibre for a while and I'm rusty (and older!) I've been trying to figure out how to model two rotated slots 180 degrees apart through a piece of tubing. The ends of the slots have to be rounded as if the slots were cut with an end mill. (cuz they will be) They have to line up so a...
  3. Dave H

Dimension Tags

I have noticed with the new Alibre 2017 that when I start a sketch a tag is hanging from each line. Click on the tag and enter the dimension. I never saw this behavior until version 2017. I am not to fond of it. Is there a way to go back to just having the dimension dialog show up for dimension...
  4. Dave H

Sketches no longer turn black

I just noticed that when a part sketch is fully defined it does not turn black. Actually, no sketch entities turn black. It does show "Fully Defined" at the bottom of the screen. I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Could that be the issue? Or was this something that changed with the latest update?
  5. Dave H

Second seat install is a trial license?

I have had GD V16 64 bit installed on a machine since it came out without a hitch. I am a legacy user who, I think, is entitled to two active seats. I installed GD V16 32 bit on another machine today, using my installation code that was sent to me for the first install of V16 (the only one I...
  6. Dave H

V17 on PC with V16 on USB drive?

I was wondering if I could run GM V17 from my HD in my PC, and, when necessary, plug in a USB drive to that same PC and run GM V16 from that USB drive. I would boot from that USB drive when I did this. If necessary. Would that work? I am eligible for two seats of GM, if that matters.
  7. Dave H

Rotate a part around ANY axis while in part work space

I have a few parts modeled that I would like to re-orient relative to the axes. For example: I would like to rotate them around an axis, so Y dimensions are now X dimensions, or the top is now the bottom, to make it simpler for me to generate CAM code. And have the sketches still useable in...
  8. Dave H

Simple Font for Engraving

Does anyone know of a font style that is similar to the Simplex or RomanS Autocad fonts that can be used with GMD for simple text engraving into a part? All I want to do is V bit engrave simple text into the face of a part. I have looked through the included fonts and did not find one. Is there...
  9. Dave H

STL import problems

I have an .stl file that imports (it shows in Design Explorer in grey), but nothing shows on the screen. When I try to convert it to a solid it says that operation cannot be done on an open mesh. Would attach a file, but even a zip file is over 3 MB. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong...
  10. Dave H

Best way to seperate designs

I have a design of a machine that I want to copy, and then modify into something a little different. I do not want the files from design 1 to be linked to design 2. There are no drawing files. What would be the best way to save the full file set of design 1 to a different location, and be able...
  11. Dave H

ACAM 2.0 Standard and .stp/.sat models

Can AlibreCAM 2.0 standard (the version that WAS free with Alibre Expert) be used to CAM imported STEP or SAT models? Whether generated from GD or not? Can't seem to figure it out. No problems with GD models just choosing sketches.
  12. Dave H

Constraints expanded upon opening assembly

I recently noticed that the list of constraints is expanded in my feature tree whenever I open an assembly. I did not notice that before V16. Is this a bug? Or is there a setting I can change? I think it's only been there since the hotfix, not sure....
  13. Dave H

Is anybody else locked out?

I installed V16 a couple of weeks ago. No issues. Today I tried to use GD and it is asking me to activate a license. When I try, it throws me an error. Flexera did admit to having a problem at the moment, but this is costing me precious time! Not very happy with this!! And I just renewed my...
  14. Dave H

Updated Maintenance Check

Anybody know the web link I should use to check if my maintenance has been updated? I paid for it a few days ago, and don't know how to verify that it has been taken care of. No receipt. No email acknowledgement. Nothing. I know there is a page somewhere that you can check your account info...
  15. Dave H

V16 Worth Installing?

I haven't upgraded to V16 yet due to the mixed reviews I've seen here. I currently use 2014. Is it worth upgrading?
  16. Dave H

GM 2014 / AlibreCAM 2.0 / LinuxCNC 2.5

Hi All, Newbie here to CNC machining. I am using AlibreCAM 2.0 to generate my code from my models. I have a small hobby CNC mill, and am currently using LinuxCNC 2.5 to drive it. I cannot get the LinuxCNC post Processor to generate code that will work. I have tried modifying the post processor...
  17. Dave H

Alibre CAM Newbie question

I have downloaded and installed Alibre CAM 3. What do I need to do to make it fully functional? As in being able to save the CAM data and programs. Pay $$$ ? Or can I use the FreeMill for $0 ? I finally want to cut some parts. I am using AD Expert 2014. Thanks Guys. EDIT: I think I found it...
  18. Dave H

Why this extruded cut error?

Can someone tell me why the D-Profile cut throws an error? First step was to sketch the circle needed for the OD of the piece. Then extrude it. Then sketch the D-Profile on an end surface. Then extrude cut that. Then sketch the small notch in the OD. Then extrude cut that. Then, suddenly, the...
  19. Dave H

Anybody remember this?

Stumbled upon this while surfing the web. Too bad it was only a dream......... http://www.cadalyst.com/cad/news/alibre ... t-97-13110
  20. Dave H

Part Sketch Disappearing

When I sketch a figure (analyzed sketch and it is fine), and go to revolve/extrude, anything to create a solid from the sketch, or do a save, the sketch disappears from the screen. All I see are the planes and axes. I can only get it back by clicking on Edit Sketch again. So if I need to revolve...