What's new

Search results

1. K

New AlibreCAM 2020 coming

During a recent Mecsoft Webinar on a new nesting function in the new CAM 2020 for Rhino and Visual, I asked about a CAM 2020 version for Alibre. Joe said they are looking at a March release. Interesting change. New functions like Nesting are available only to people on current Maintenance...
  2. K

Alibre2019 and AlibreCAM2019

I'm currently running Alibre Expert 2018 2018-64 Build 19071 with AlibreCAM 2019 PRO vr. 8.0.0.445 They work together OK. Has anyone run Alibre Expert 2019 with AlibreCAM 2019? Ken
  3. K

AlibreCAM 2019 Service Pack Now Available

To download:https://mecsoft.com/download-alibrecam-2019/ Did it yesterday. Takes a while to download, but install was normal. Release your Alibre Design license before you install. "These service packs are available for all users, including those who do not have an Annual Maintenance...
  4. K

AlibreCAM 4th Axis Engraving?

Has anyone done this successfully? I'm looking to put scale (1cm, 5cm, 10cm) lines and numbers along the length of a cylinder. I seem to be able to get the CAM to look and simulate correctly but not on the mill. I'll try any suggestions. Ken Alibre Design Expert 2017.1.2 64-bit Build 18701...
  5. K

AlibreCAM 2017 is here!

It's back!!!! :) https://mecsoft.com/download-alibrelcam-2017/ Now to find out what it takes to get from VisualCAD-CAM back to AlibreCAM 2017. Ken
  6. K

Maybe a new Alibre CAM too?

So GMD will be going back to Alibre! I wonder if Alibre will once again work to integrate with the Mecsoft Visual CAM..and vise versa. I missed the fast movement between Alibre and Alibre CAM (GMD and CAM for GMD ). Ken
  7. K

Old Parts Library

I recently upgraded from WIN7/32 to WIN10/64. In the past, under Add-on, there was a Part Library. Simple and usable. Now there is only TraceParts Library. I tried copying the PartLibrary directory from the WIN7/32 computer into the to WIN10/7 Add-on directory. It's not recognized by the Add-on...
  8. K

VisualCAM for GMD to VisualCAD/CAM, Anybody else done it?

Mecsoft ended their support of VisualCAD for Geomagic Design. I was given, as part of my maintenance, VisualCAD/CAM to replace VisualCAD for Geomagic Design. I loved the integration of VisualCAD for Geomagic Design. Now I have to export files from GMD, and import them into their CAD/CAM...
  9. K

Scheduled replacement of my computers

I am having my computers, desktop and laptop, replaced on schedule by my College. I am not currently a designer of big parts or assemblies. I'm now running Geomagic Design 2015.0.1 and Visual Mill 5.0.0.3 on Windows 7. Do the following spec's look adequate for the future. From new desktop...
  10. K

End of 32 bit updates

I just installed the latest Geomagic Design update...2015.0.1 With it was a notification that this is the last update for 32 bit versions. All further updates will only be for 64 bit. :( Ken
  11. K

Geomagic Design to VisualCAM for Geomagic 4th axis?

Brand new to 4th axis operation. I don't even have the hardware yet. I've gone through the tutorials in VisualCAM for Geomagic, but I don't see how the examples were created in Geomagic Design. I can't find any tutorials in Geomagic Design for 4th axis development Attached In Ring1, I don't...
  12. K

Virtual Dongle doesn't work...so I can't

Trying to open Geomagic Design minutes ago, I got an error that my license had expired. No way...but now no work. Flexera Support seems to think that it may be a "server issue" on their end as some people can connect and others cannot. I really hate this phone-home concept. I thought even if...
  13. K

Unistrut DXF scale?

I've tried to import Unistrut DXFs, specifically the P1000 profile. When it appears in the Drawing window the 1-5/8" wide channel is 194.716797" wide with a 1/1 scale in inches. Do I really need the set the scale as 1.625 to 194.716797 (which works)? Do I not understand how DXFs work, or does...
  14. K

Regenerating cone in Visual CAM that was OK in Alibre CAM

For those that have switched from Alibre CAM to Visual CAM for Geomagic. I am running Geomagic Design 16,0,2,16496/32-bit and Visual Cam Standard for Geomagic 4.0.0.23. I tried to rerun a part in Visual CAM that I had previously run successfully in Alibre CAM Standard. The part was a simple...
  15. K

Profiling shape with support tabs to stock (not sheetmetal)

What I want to do is mill the outside profile of a part but leave tabs at the bottom of the part connecting the part with the stock. This may be more in the CAM than CAD...not sure. GeoDesign 2014 and Alibre CAM Standard. Think of a 4" square of 1/4" Plexiglass. The final part is a 1/4" x 3"...
  16. K

Rope/wire cable/chain in motion?

Is there a way to 3D model a flexible part like rope, wire cable, or chain? Think of it actually moving in a linear to rotary to linear manner around a pulley in a GeoMagic assembly. Ken
  17. K

Spyware in ExcelAddin

MalwareBytes found this: Ken
  18. K

Non-hole drilled when selecting flat area

I created a plate with two 3x4 arrays of holes in AD Expert 2012 (14,0,4,14056 / 32-bit). In Standard CAM 2.0.069 I set up a drilling operation. In Plate1.AD_PRT, I chose "Select holes on flat area" and selected the face of the plate. In Plate2.AD_PRT, I chose "Select drill points/circles" and...
  19. K

Incomplete Pocketing

Attached in a simple example of a problem I ran into on a more complex part. It's a 0.500" wide x 0.125" deep rectangular channel milled in the face of a 0.250" thick Plexiglas plate. The inside and outside corners of the pocket have 0.500 radius fillets. I used a 100% step-over of the 0.250"...
  20. K

Create flat template from a curved face.

I'm using AD2012 Professional. Is there a way to create a flat template from a curved face? This is to layout the material for the four sides on a wind tunnel intake. Ken