What's new

Search results

1. E

Export bugs to Autodesk

If im the only one with this problem I will need to find workarounds. Like always :)
  2. E

Export bugs to Autodesk

Thanks! Im sure it would've worked. I had a friend who checked it out on Solid Works. It appeared to export correct orient wise. So I think it boils down to the transition between GMD and Autodesk. We've had this trouble since we started with alibre. I believe the parts I received from them...
  3. E

Export bugs to Autodesk

About 460mb.. Have to add the stp 203 was problematic and the 214 successful when I had to send them data. All other formats were problematic...
  4. E

Export bugs to Autodesk

I first tried the original assembly before I attempted the boolean with new one. If that didn't work I would've tried your recommended way. The problem is that the same thing happens between the original assembly and Inventor. Where you need a tree to work from. The guys from Durban who designed...
  5. E

Export bugs to Autodesk

The same assembly which weren't able to make it into Autodesk exported to Adobe and Keyshot flawlessly in shape. It took ages for the PDF but it worked. I seriously cant work with the original assembly anymore. Every time I give some geometry dimensions its like it need to update in 15 different...
  6. E

Export bugs to Autodesk

Got it to work. But not with my latest assembly I had to make. Busy reassembling my drawings which got corrupted for the 3rd time now. Configurations messes up assemblies if you're not careful enough with them. I will need to figure out why these assemblies disorientates when exporting otherwise...
  7. E

Export bugs to Autodesk

I havent tried that yet Sebastian. I will try this too. Thanks
  8. E

Export bugs to Autodesk

Greetings Can someone please refer me to a page or know some workarounds to get the orientations correct when exporting to Inventor and Flow Design? I exported my main assembly, which have many sub assemblies, in many different formats but the assembly keeps importing some sub assemblies with...
  9. E

Export bugs to Keyshot and 3dPdfs

Seems like the license is only valid to version 4.
  10. E

Thanks Harold! I havent been using keyshot for a long time now. Still on version 4. I will update and give some feedback. Otherwise I'll forward this issue to support.
  11. E

Some parts are missing when exported to keyshot and other corrupted when published to pdf. GMD points out faulty or corrupted parts/files when published to 3dpdf and removes them outomatically. Others are still being exported but their appearance seems corrupted. In keyshot I have custom...
  12. E

Geomagic Design Has Stopped working

Guess this is just like road works. It slows you down for a while but after its done things will be much more pleasant. Ive been biting on my teeth for the thumbnail crashes related to W8 to be fixed. It was sorted in V16 but then worse problems occurred. Hopefully soon everything will be normal...
  13. E

Geomagic Design Has Stopped working

JC, if you havent done excessive work on version 16 I would recommend to rollback to latest version of 15. I've picked up some major problems and it IS related to the latest release of GMD. Once I downgraded most problems were gone. Very ugly artifacts, Alibre CAM not working, these crashes you...
  14. E

G-code halved scale?

All our workstations downgraded to latest version 15. Appears, once again, that version 16 should be avoided at all costs!! Why release when it is unstable...?
  15. E

G-code halved scale?

Currently I dont know whats going on anymore. Alibre CAM wrote a corrupted g-code to the CNC controller. I wiped all the files from the controller and uploaded the new g-code and it ran the code flawless. That was the last part which didnt give me any trouble. Now every time I try to create a...
  16. E

G-code halved scale?

Never mind :)
  17. E

G-code halved scale?

Hi. Hope someone keeps an eye out on this section. I recently got a problem with the g-code output on the CNC. For some reason the scale is automatically halved. Parts appears fine in GMD and the software used to open the g-code generated by mecsoft. Anyone know how to determine whether its the...
  18. E

Licensing issues

"We currently have a later hotfixed version than the one you are currently on. We have corrected many licensing issues in this version and would recommend you uninstalling your current version and downloading the new installer below." I skipped the UNINSTALLING part because I didnt want to go...
  19. E

Licensing issues

This message started popping up and since I saw RocketNut's topic I started asking questions to sales and support before hand, to avoid this. Eventually the 30 days ran out and now everything is greyd out in GMD's main menu. Support gave me a link to download the latest version and told me that...
  20. E

Lofting and guidecurves. Need some help please.

Thanks for clarifying Lew! I too use longitudinal stations most of the time. The but-line- & waterline-stations are used to guide the lofts by 3d Guide Curves/splines and help to spot significant differences from the original design. Organic or semi planar ways. Would like to see how 2d Splines...