What's new

Search results

1. E

Export bugs to Autodesk

Greetings Can someone please refer me to a page or know some workarounds to get the orientations correct when exporting to Inventor and Flow Design? I exported my main assembly, which have many sub assemblies, in many different formats but the assembly keeps importing some sub assemblies with...
  2. E

Export bugs to Keyshot and 3dPdfs

Some parts are missing when exported to keyshot and other corrupted when published to pdf. GMD points out faulty or corrupted parts/files when published to 3dpdf and removes them outomatically. Others are still being exported but their appearance seems corrupted. In keyshot I have custom...
  3. E

G-code halved scale?

Hi. Hope someone keeps an eye out on this section. I recently got a problem with the g-code output on the CNC. For some reason the scale is automatically halved. Parts appears fine in GMD and the software used to open the g-code generated by mecsoft. Anyone know how to determine whether its the...
  4. E

Licensing issues

This message started popping up and since I saw RocketNut's topic I started asking questions to sales and support before hand, to avoid this. Eventually the 30 days ran out and now everything is greyd out in GMD's main menu. Support gave me a link to download the latest version and told me that...
  5. E

Gyroscope in 3d sketch mode

Helo. Some questions regarding the gyroscope and view manipulation. I started using this tool when making guide curves for the lofts -- http://www.alibre.com/2012/easy.asp#gyro -- I actually need to rotate the camera around an axis every here and there. Because when, for instance, you look at a...
  6. E

Transforming multiple lofts into one body

Good day, I want to share some workarounds Ive come across and need some help on this. Worthy scan hardware are very expensive so there aint many options with this challenge. I finally found software to help to do what I wished GMD could do. GMDs latest version have a new tab called "Scanning...
  7. E

Geometry gets corrupted. Why?

I think it might be related to the last update because I didnt notice it before that. Some parts appears to be fine but distorted in assemblies. Does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it? Can it be fixed or is backup my only hope? Please help. Im tired of this :(
  8. E

Rapidworks exclusively for Nextengine 3d scanner

Good day, We recently got the Nextengine 3d scanner to help transform parts into accurate CAD data at a faster, more reliable pace for our assemblies. Theres a bit of a variety in aditional software and hardware to help with the scan and alignment process whereof Rapidworks is one. The "3ds...
  9. E

Reference Geometry using Measurement Tool

Greetings, I want to share this tip to those who doesnt know about it. Its been one of the most helpfull "tools" I came across by accident. Dont think this is part of the tutrials? In a nutshell, when you enter the 2d drawing workspace you can use the measurement tool to get refernce geometry...
  10. E

Mouse pointer

Geetings. This is not a big problem but rather a bit irritating. When you move the mouse into the drawingworkspace GM takes full control over the mouse properties causing me to lose track of it since the poiner also turns black. My favorate Colour Scheme for GM is very dark and I always set the...
  11. E

Having trouble making DXFs/printable 2d drawings

We just recently got a A3 printer to advance the workflow here at the factory. Im still bussy learning the process of printing everything on paper. So far its not been very friendly with the big assemblies. I have tried many things to imporove the speeds. It seems it doesnt really help to work...
  12. E

No Annotations?

Can someone please help me with this. I have a feeling it must be something basic but I cant seem to find a way to get my annotations to show when making drawings and dxf's. Dont know why it aint showing in the first place.
  13. E

Manifold exhaust ed

Greetings my fellow draughtsman and aliens. I would just like to share my idea/design and get some ideas/help. I guess I've been a bit too complicated with this but how can you join two circular 2d sketches, without any dimensions, around obstacles? Where the two sketches needs to be shaped by...
  14. E

Upgraded from 2013 to 2014 getting a lot of errors now?

Is there any way to fix this or will I have to reconstrain all my parts in my assemblies again?? Theres new errors I havent seen before. Some configurations take 20 times longer to activate. Dont understand why a newer/better version would do this? In the beginning when I saw these errors I...
  15. E

"Missing Designs" from recovery folder

This recently started popping up everytime I enter my main assembly. I replace the missing recovery/restore files but the next day new files are missing? Is there someone who knows why this is happening and what I can do to prevent this? Its almost as if the hard drive is getting corrupted or...
  16. E

Back-up Utility for Geomagic

I was just thinking abour this. Arent there such utilities for Geomagic? Wouldnt it be nice to plug an external hard drive into your system, define a folder and Geomagic updates all the changed files in that folder with a primary from the hard drive backed up from? I'm in a habit of copieng my...
  17. E

Using assembly constraint along Sweep/Spline?

Is it possible to constrain a point along a spline in Alibre? Im bussy with sliding doors and need to test the movement. Is it possible? Any help/advice appreciated!
  18. E

Boolean VS Assembly?

Im looking to improve the loading speeds of my drawings. I thought you would save a lot of time working with booleans instead of assembies but Im not so sure this works. My assemblies are getting huge and sometimes takes more than 10 minutes to load. With boolean add/subract I sometimes wait 4...
  19. E

Alibre in Windows 8

I started working with Windows 8 recently. Just need to know why Alibre keeps crashing? Is Alibre unstable or is it Windows 8? Cos it worked fine with Windows 7... Another very irritating thing is that everytime I open my drawings I have to remake my custom toolbar? Whats going on? Can someone...
  20. E

Woking with .PNG or .EPS in 3d workspace

Greetings, Is there any place where I could find some instructions on how to place 2d pictures on 3d objects in Alibre? Is it possible?