What's new

Search results

1. P

Tread pattern Modeling

Thanks fellows, that's exactly what I needed, just a push in the right direction. Worked like a charm.
  2. P

Tread pattern Modeling

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to model treads on tires such as the diamond pattern on may aircraft like the B-25 Mitchell. Any suggestions as to how this is accomplished would be appreciated.
  3. P

export STL file, Dimension problems

DavidJ, dwc You are correct in your clarification, all settings remained the same. There were no updates of any kind on the computer. I have checked the settings at the top of the STL export window and it is set correctly. I always export in millimeters as a standard practice. I tried changing...
  4. P

export STL file, Dimension problems

I created a part which I saved as a STL file, loaded into my slicer for 3D printer. After print I needed to adjust some parameters. I made the adjustments and resaved the STL file. When I reloaded it into the slicer program I got a message saying that the dimensions were to large and it would...
  5. P

Help with loft using 3d curve

Thanks for your help, it worked perfectly. Great to now know how to use 2d guide curves.
  6. P

Sebastian, Thank you for the input. Unfortunately I can not open the file as my version is just slightly older than yours, I have version 18.0.3.1842 I have never been able to create a 2d guide curve for this purpose, not sure if it is a bug or an error on my part, probably the latter. My...
  7. P

Hello everyone, I am having issues with the attached file. The design is one half of a cover for a small bottle. When I loft the 3 sketches without the guide curves, the loft will complete, however when I try it with the 3d guide curve it fails. This is not the first time I have had this problem...
  8. P

Next peeve of the day... solid parts are transparent in view

Thanks for everybody's input. Been going round and round in circles and no joy so far with all the ideas. I have loved Alibre up to this point but perhaps it might be time to switch programs (Hoping Alibre staff are paying attention). Cheers
  9. P

Next peeve of the day... solid parts are transparent in view

I'm Having a similar problem. While drawing up a replacement part for the flush button on a toilet which requires a threaded part I get the same transparent surface if the helix is extruded to some lengths. Other lengths seem to be fine. To try and work around this I have drawn the helix to a...
  10. P

STL file dimensions

That was exactly it. Put STL output in millimeters and that fixed it. Thank you, Leif
  11. P

STL file dimensions

I have created a simple part in Geomagic. When I save it as a STL file and then import it in Repetier to print, the size of the part is reduced significantly. The part is a simple round disc with a hole in the center. Outer diameter is 5/16 with a hole in the center of 1/8 and a thickness of...
  12. P

Loft Problem

Oldbelt You are correct, the original did not have this. However, this part creation will be used to make a plug which will be used to vacuum form the windshield. This will then be cut to match the shape of the full size. This cut will eliminate the portion that has the sharp corners. Leif
  13. P

Loft Problem

Ralf Thank you so much for fixing this. What needed to be corrected to make this work properly? Leif
  14. P

Loft Problem

I realize it is not yet a closed sketch. I have been trying to modify it from its original shape that matches what you have shown in your second posted image. The updated sketch should include line 4 which will cut off the lower part of the spline. I have started this modified drawing but it...
  15. P

Loft Problem

OK I have cleaned everything up and the loft seems to work fine but I still have that uneven surface at 3D sketch 6. When I cleaned up the "Bottom of WS" sketch I took out one half of the spline with the small segment of a straight line. I then mirrored the remaining side over so now there is...
  16. P

Loft Problem

Thanks Ralf The devil is certainly in the details. Leif
  17. P

Loft Problem

As can be seen in the screen shot there is an inconsistencey in the surface of this loft. In the middle of this wind shield the loft follows the guide curve on one side and then not on the other. I have tried using the guide curves globally and locally with the same result. I have left the local...
  18. P

uneven loft

Thanks for the easy work around, it worked for me. Its to bad something so simple needs a work aound. Leif
  19. P

uneven loft

For the first piece of this part I require a simple oval to be lofted to a circle. The loft comes out uneven and I do not understand why. This is very visible if you view the part from the end profile as in the attached screen shot. I have tried checking of the minimize twist and simplify...
  20. P

Projecting a loft past a defined shape

Thanks old belt. How did you come up with the sketches for the curving wing tip, sketches 12 to 21? I see the upper surface of these sketches are just arcs. Did you draw them that way or were they projected or calculated from somewhere else? Leif