What's new

Search results

1. P

Tread pattern Modeling

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to model treads on tires such as the diamond pattern on may aircraft like the B-25 Mitchell. Any suggestions as to how this is accomplished would be appreciated.
  2. P

export STL file, Dimension problems

I created a part which I saved as a STL file, loaded into my slicer for 3D printer. After print I needed to adjust some parameters. I made the adjustments and resaved the STL file. When I reloaded it into the slicer program I got a message saying that the dimensions were to large and it would...
  3. P

Help with loft using 3d curve

Hello everyone, I am having issues with the attached file. The design is one half of a cover for a small bottle. When I loft the 3 sketches without the guide curves, the loft will complete, however when I try it with the 3d guide curve it fails. This is not the first time I have had this problem...
  4. P

STL file dimensions

I have created a simple part in Geomagic. When I save it as a STL file and then import it in Repetier to print, the size of the part is reduced significantly. The part is a simple round disc with a hole in the center. Outer diameter is 5/16 with a hole in the center of 1/8 and a thickness of...
  5. P

Loft Problem

As can be seen in the screen shot there is an inconsistencey in the surface of this loft. In the middle of this wind shield the loft follows the guide curve on one side and then not on the other. I have tried using the guide curves globally and locally with the same result. I have left the local...
  6. P

uneven loft

For the first piece of this part I require a simple oval to be lofted to a circle. The loft comes out uneven and I do not understand why. This is very visible if you view the part from the end profile as in the attached screen shot. I have tried checking of the minimize twist and simplify...
  7. P

Projecting a loft past a defined shape

I am trying to use 2 known shapes and loft them together, then project past this to come up with a additional shape located outside the two shapes that were lofted together. I have done a simple design using ovals to demonstrate this technique. In the screen shot and the attached stp. file you...
  8. P

How do I use second 3d guide curve in a loft

Attached is the file containing the lower half of a aircraft wing tip. Near the leading edge the tip should be fuller than it is with one guide curve set near the thickest part of the wing. I have added another curve but I am unable too select both curves to thicken up the forward part. I think...
  9. P

placement of part created in assembly work space

I have created a new part in a assembly work space. How do I move the part? It has no constraints applied to it and I am unable to shift its position. Thanks Leif
  10. P

Loft Failure

The attached file contains a wing tip for an aircraft. The top half was successfully lofted using sketch 1 and 2 with 3d sketch 1 used as a guide path. The lower half will not loft using the same tecnique with sketch 2 and sketch 4 and a guide path of 3d sketch 2. I tried using sketch 1,2, and 4...
  11. P

constraint and movement

Attached is a screen shot of an aircraft wing. Problem # 1 On the leading edge is 4 rollers and a curved bar called a Tomahawk Bar. This Bar must be constrained so that it rides in the rollers forwards and back along the curved arc of the Tomahawk bar. I am unable to constrain the curved surface...
  12. P

Lack of Motion

I have built a servo with a rotating output shaft. This was built in several pieces and then assembled. Once this assembly was completed, I was able to rotate the shaft with the click and drag method. Once this assembly was inserted as a subassembly into another assembly, I was then unable to...
  13. P

Another Chamfer Problem

I do not understand why 2 edges in this part will chamfer properly and the other 2 will not. Attached is a screen shot and the file. A little help would be much appreciated. Leif
  14. P

Lables or graphics in an assembly

Is it possible to add a lable or sticker with company logo or something of the sort to a part or in an assembly. If so I thought I would create a custom symbol to do this or a scanned picture, but that does not seem to be an option in part or assembly workspace. Thanks
  15. P

Chamfer Problem

A little help please. Sketch one is a rectangular extrusion forming a box. The vertical corners are to be rounded and the bottom is to be chamfered. I am able to either chamfer the bottom or round the vertical corners, but not both. I have tried using the fillet tool and I have tried putting...
  16. P

Tiled Printing

I am looking for a program that will work with an Alibre file to print large format on a standard printer. The program would need to take the drawing that is larger than 8.5 by 11 and tile it with reference marks so that after printing you assemble the pages with the reference marks lined up and...
  17. P

Offset issues

I am having trouble getting the proper offset line on the attached file. This is a wing rib and I need to offset the outer line (in blue on the screen shot) to the inside by 3/32. While trying to do this it will only allow me to ofset it by 19/64. When I try and input 3/32 the line disapears and...
  18. P

Resizing sketch

I have drawn out a sketch (which is actually a trace of a 3 view drawing) and am now not able to resize it. This peice is not an extruded part and I am unable to use the resize feature in the part modeling. Where do I go from here. Leif
  19. P

Extrude cut problem

I,m not sure why sketch 13 extrusion 10 will not work. I have put it through "analyze", I have redrawn it a couple of times and also tried creating a new plane with the drawing on it. None of the above will allow it to extrude cut properly. I am looking for the awnser to fix this aswell as I...
  20. P

Disconnected wire loft problem

While trying to loft the attached file, I got the error message shown in the screen shot. Prior to lofting I analyzed the 2 sketches and both showed no problems. What is how do I find exactly what is wrong and how do I fix it? Thanks for the help. Leif