What's new

Search results

1. R

Been a while since using Alibre, Attempting a new assembly and nothing but constraint problems

Trying to create an assembly for a fire pit gazebo using 6 x 6 posts and have started off creating a lot of planes and axis's so I can use the geometry of the assembly to bound parts and get compound cutting angles. Not working out of the box. First off, my attempt to first create a part within...
  2. R

Anyone remember and/or have the old Alibre V8 engine Assembly?

I'm referring to the Engine model Alibre originally had as a downloadable teaching aide as a constraint exercise, maybe is it still available and accessible in V21? I happen to be making a bracket for a chevy 350 engine to run an accessory off the front crank pulley and was thinking that...
  3. R

How Come...

...I don't have a NPT selection on my INSERT HOLE command? All it shows are: UNC UNF UNEF UNS Metric Course Metric Fine
  4. R

Error Attempting to mirror a sub assembly

I have an assembly that I am having a problem mirroring one of the sub assemblies. I get a window popping up saying an "Unexpected Error" has occurred. I am not seeing why I'm having a problem because I already have another mirrored sub-assembly within my main assembly that worked fine. I...
  5. R

Need a little help...

I have a detail that I have to create a cut profile to the shape basically of a fancy 90 degree pipe fitting it's clamping against. I figure I can either create a 3d spline that follows the centerline of the fitting whereby I could then create a sweep profile that follows that spline or...
  6. R

2nd Question

Ever since installing Autodesk Revit as a trial version last year I have been having an annoying problem whenever I try accessing Alibre's Help from the menu pulldown. Alibre Help does come up but as soon as I click on Alibre Help the Windows installer also pops up wanting to re-install revit...
  7. R

1st Question

I have AGAIN muffed up my main assembly where it locks up and won't initialize after opening because I had altered one of my sub-assemblies. Does Alibre have a autosave file structure whereby I can change the saved earlier version file extension back to a ad_asm in an attempt to get an earlier...
  8. R

Ok, Now I have a new (old) problem....

After doing deep uninstall/re-install I now have a problem that I remember having a couple years ago but had gone away due to what I assumed was through a version update. Basically, if I choose to modify a part located in a assembly and do it in another window (probably does it also if I modify...
  9. R

Alibre is crashing!

I am having a problem this morning where Alibre is crashing when trying to start the editor. The program starts fine but whether I attempt to start either My current main assembly or bring up a new part window it hangs at "updating display volume" and gives me "a problem has caused the program...
  10. R

Total Alibre Lock-Up when accessing my Main Assembly

I am having an issue where once I have clicked on my main assembly and it has loaded and appears on my computer screen Alibre is COMPLETELY locked up, no scrolling, clicking on buttons, panning etc. The only way I am able to get out of it is to CTRL-ALT-DEL and end Alibre in the Task Manager...
  11. R

Solid Model Import Problems

I'm hoping for a little help and direction here. I have a couple issues with step files I'm trying to import into Alibre (nice that I can correctly call it by that name again) that giving me a bit of a headache. I've attached the STP file I'm having a major problem with, it by no means wants...
  12. R

Lost Drawing Section View Detail

I have a couple drawing details that I was able to originally create section views showing centerlines and hatch but after making changes to the corresponding parts on the model and updating the details in the drawing, I've lost center lines and cross-hatching and cannot get them to re-appear...
  13. R

Running 2015.1.1 but cannot open a *.prt file

I am another one who hasn't upgraded in over a year at least but I think I'm running the latest version. I just tried translating several customer solidworks *.prt files and got the message "input file version not supported, try saving file to an older version". My question is even if I had...
  14. R

CRAP, CRAP, Crappity CRAP!!

I have an assembly that has started giving me some problems, now to the point that Geomagic crashes right at the end of generating the assembly after opening. My question: Is there a recovery method for Geomagic, or; Can I recover even just the detail that is giving me the problem without...
  15. R

Working on a Conveyor... probably need to pay for motion

I have a chain on edge conveyor I'm working on and for me to put the system thru it's paces I'm guessing there is no other way to do it other than cough up the extra $200 for the motion upgrade. Basically I want to see how the chain with it's fixtures interacts with the sprockets as each fixture...
  16. R

I have a question about publishing to PDF

How is it that I'm able to publish assemblies and 3d parts to PDF but get an error when I attempt to publish a geomagic drawing I get an error message saying that PDF creator is not found? The 3d PDF assemblies are a pretty cool way to send data to my customer but I would have thought...
  17. R

How to make a detail dwg of a OFF-PLANE part?

Here's another annoyance I'm dealing with. I've made a part inside my main assembly that oblique to the XYZ plane, which is also reflected in the individual part file. Now when I attempt to create the detail drawing I end up with views off angle to normal, which is a pain. I see no easy way to...
  18. R

Angle Distance Chamfer: Am I missing something?

Granted, I've had Alibre/Geomagic Design for several years but I just haven't used it that much. So there's probably a simple answer to my question. I'm trying to create a chamfer between two round extrusions that I want to be driven by 1/2 of the difference between the two diameters along with...
  19. R

Cannot open a customers STP file, Corrupt or unsupported?

I have a customer STP file that I've attempted to open and I'm getting a "Imported file does not contain supported solid body data" "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at com.rose.STEPFileManager.getWorkspace(EngineeringSession sessi...." "File...
  20. R

M-Files or OneDrive (or Google Drive)

I've only dabbled with M-Drive at haven't messed with AD now Geomagic since the name change. I'm not even sure what the status of M-Drive since the re-branding. I'm thinking as long as I place the MS OneDrive in the same location on both my Home computer and my worksite computer I should be...