What's new

Search results

1. W

Anyone using Personal Edition?

Alex Franke's Parameter Wizard helps with this parameter problem, as you can change particular parameters in many parts.
  2. W

ATP & layering

All Drawing lines come in on the VISIBLE Layer, and you EITHER have to select the geometry and move it to a named layer, or you have to create new geometry on a named layer and constrain it to the default drawing geometry. I have a drawing template that already has a number of standard layers...
  3. W

SimLab Composer

If you export your Alibre model as a STEP214, and import that into SimLab Composer, you will have access to each face. This will allow you to rotate/orient the grain by face, and orient your edgebanding properly. By selecting a face, and using the "Generate Texture Coordinates = Ctrl + G"...
  4. W

BOM Lengths

I guess so, if you read it over many times. (Did not find that one in my search) Please vote for either so we get this feature added to Alibre.
  5. W

BOM Lengths

You like this idea? Please vote for it in the Alibre Design Suggestions forum! http://feedback.alibre.com/forums/16127 ... ion-editor
  6. W

Looking for Start to Completion Tutorials

Try http://www.instructables.com website and do a search for Alibre. There are techniques and some projects for designs. We have posted some woodworking modeling training, which the techniques apply to mechanical parts as well.
  7. W

ExtendedAlibreTool v0.3 Released

Re: The Future of My Programs Looks great! How about your drop down layer selection for v12.1?
  8. W

BOM Lengths

I have requested Alibre include "Reference Dimensions" that will allow you to create a dimension that is not a driving dimension, yet is included in the Equation Editor, and hence the BOM. A simple checkbox in the Dimension Properties for that dimension, that will include the dimension in the...
  9. W

PDF Creator fails on Win 7

PDFCreator has officially released v1.0.0, which now officially supports Windows 7. http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat, but still use PDFCreator to create a lot of my PDF files.
  10. W

IronPython

aeromorrison, A couple of weeks is fine. This Python programming is a as time permits for me. I am basically converting Alex Franke's sample program (Version, Loop through and Count/Display Configurations). My main problem is the looping through the Configurations. It is the basis of most of...
  11. W

IronPython

dnichols, any progress with IronPython in Action? I seem to be stuck at a roadblock in trying to list all the Configurations in a part. Just can't make that transition from VisualBasic to IronPython. Can you or anyone else be of help to a "cookbook" programmer?
  12. W

Alternative renderers

I would also recommend Simlab. It is easy and straight forward to use with a Windows standard type interface. The STEP AP214 format works great to render faces, and the 3DPDF output from Alibre works fine if you only need to render entire parts with a texture. The 3D PDF retains the tree...
  13. W

SimLab Composer

Use Tools -> Generate texture coordinates when placing textures. That will allow you to rotate, resize and offset textures. As for navigation, it is the Alibre Zoom and Pan with the Middle wheel. Just the rotation uses only the left button, instead of both left and right buttons. About as...
  14. W

SimLab Composer

I personally think SimLab is better than Keyshot for usability. It already has the features they are advertising for Keyshot 2, such as "scene tree" and more formats. You work in a single window (as you will be with Keyshot 2) and different panes can be opened for file and texture...
  15. W

IronPython

While I find the IronPython interpreter useful for debugging code, I have a few questions: 1. How do you load existing code you don't want to have to retype during each session (like all the stuff to setup the Alibre Hook)? 2. How do you save the new code you have just entered/debugged with...
  16. W

IronPython

Here is my version of a baseline IronPython program that provides the Alibre Design version number (Alibre must be running with at least the Home window open): import sys sys.path.append(r'c:\Program Files\Alibre Design\Program') #Point to location of AlibreX.dll import clr...
  17. W

IronPython

I use the Windows Visual Studio Express tools when I program in Visual Basic (and try other peoples programs in C++ and C#). They are great tools, and that is why I am concerned about a development environment for IronPython. The IronPython add-in only work for the Professional Version of...
  18. W

IronPython

Re: IronPython Development Environments As for FREE IronPython Development environments: SharpDevelop (#Develop) looks the most promising with forms creation and partial code completion (.NET 4.0 support beta due within weeks) Iron Python Tools for Visual Studio 10 and free Visual Studio 2010...
  19. W

IronPython

What about development environment? Visual Studio 2010 Professional is too expensive for part time coding. What about Eclipse? Any others?
  20. W

IronPython

dnichols - There is a typo in the following line of your post as it should end with ] and not }: >>> interfaces = [entity for entity in dir(AlibreX)] #Build a list of all interfaces in AlibreX Thank you for posting these snippets of code as I have been playing with them and reading the first...