What's new

Search results

1. W

Vault How To and Hints

I have started this thread because there are many posts showing an interest in how the Vault works and how to accomplish a specific task. There is the obvious, watch the Guided Tour video, read the Users Guide (http://www.m-files.com/eng/download.asp), and Help documentation. But we all know...
  2. W

Need Help with Tapered Shaker Leg only using Loft

I have been creating a Shaker style tapered leg, with a length of square section at the top, using a loft for the tapered section, and an extrude for the square section at the top. However, I have been trying to do the same type of leg using only the Loft command and have yet to succeed. I...
  3. W

Part Data Update Utility

I have posted a link to video tutorials for a utility I created to quickly update the Part Data for use with woodworking Bill of Material. The information is in the API forum as it deals with writing programs with the Alibre API: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4795&p=37532#p37532 I may make it...
  4. W

Configuration Lock Icon Appearance with Lock Selection

I have posted some example code in the Code Creations Forum concerning locking configurations, and the displayed icons. For those of us that are bent on using the API, it might be interesting: http://www.codecreations.com/forum/view ... ?f=1&t=276 My current focus is on manipulating...
  5. W

Kelsey WoodWorks part construction technique & template

This drawing is an example of how we construct our Parts. Since most woodworking parts are rectangular in nature, we begin with a sketch of a rectangle on the XY Plane. We define the X and Y dimensions of the Part, and then the X and Y Offset to the Left and Bottom respectively. Then Extrude...
  6. W

SketchUp Texturing issue with Alibre models

SketchUp Texturing issue with Alibre models I am unable to modify the texture Position with a right click on a model imported from a CAD program. While I originally thought that the problem was with my source material, I have found that I can not modify the Texture > Position...
  7. W

SketchUp Exporter reorientation option

SketchUp Exporter reorientation option I would like to suggest that there be an option added to the SketchUp exporter to re-orient the Alibre model to match SketchUp model orientation. While the Exporter currently works properly in translating a model into a SketchUp...
  8. W

Anybody Virtualized Xpress or can recommend Software?

Anybody Virtualized Xpress or can recommend Software? Has anybody successfully virtualized Xpress and can run it on the same system where a full version of Alibre is installed? Any recommendation on what virtualization software to try? I need to test models with Xpress to make sure...
  9. W

Replacing Molding Profiles using Catalog Feature

Replacing Molding Profiles using Catalog Feature Catalog Feature Replacement Tip & Trick: If you have a molding in a part based on a catalog feature, you can replace it quite easily with another Catalog Feature. 1. Insert and position the replacement Catalog Feature. 2...
  10. W

Using INT and FRAC functions with Inches Units

Using INT and FRAC functions with Inches Units I have long avoided the INT and FRAC functions because they do not seem to work properly outside of the metric system. I have managed to get them to work in with Inch units by first converting them to the native Centimeters units...
  11. W

Repository Version History Purge Script

Repository Version History Purge Script Repository loading slow? Tired of that Version History Bloat? Try a quick Purge of unused Version History. This Script will Purge the Version History of an entire folder, or as many entries as specified by the user. You can get...
  12. W

AutoHotKey Scripts

Part File Batch EXPORT (STEP...) Script This is a script that I wrote in AutoHotKey that will prompt the user with a file selection dialog for single or multiple Part files for Export, and will process those file(s). This script is from JordanCClark's request for a rapid...
  13. W

Default Pathnames for Catalog Features, and other Opens

Default Pathnames for Catalog Features, and other Opens A feature I really like with my word processor and other software is the ability to define a default path to my images, documents and various other items I have to open repeatidly. By supporting a separate default pathnames for...
  14. W

Part Grouping In Assemblies

Part Grouping In Assemblies Here I am at the end of a project, and I overlooked putting a collection of part into a subassembly that would allow me to hide them all at once. Hindsight is always perfect as to what I should have done (and will hopefully do next...
  15. W

BOM Units selection ability

BOM Units selection ability When Exporting a BOM, it would be useful to specify a unit display other than the default for the Drawing or model. Just the ability to change the units to another format (before the export) and then change them back; or leave them...
  16. W

Configuration Conventions

Configuration Conventions What conventions are you using when working with Configurations? I normally keep a word processing document open while working with configurations in order to document important considerations for my model, and the complications of...
  17. W

Is Left Mouse Click at specified coordinates possible?

Is Left Mouse Click at specified coordinates possible? I am using Macro Express with quite a bit of success to automate many tasks with Alibre. The most useful being to set the part color from a dialog box selection. Most exciting is the ability to change Part Data value(s) based on an...
  18. W

Lock ALL / Unlock ALL configurations

Lock ALL / Unlock ALL configurations Any API gurus know if it would be possible to write a simple API program to LocK/UnLock ALL configurations at once? I have posted and enhancement request concerning the need for this capability when modeling using a large number of...
  19. W

Lock ALL / Unlock ALL configurations

Lock ALL / Unlock ALL configurations While working with complex models with numerous configurations, I often need to lock all the configurations to keep my changes unique to a single (or a few manually unlocked) configurations. While I may only need to activate a single...
  20. W

Reference Part/Feature: Something between Hide and Suppress

Reference Part/Feature: Something between Hide and Suppress There needs to be something between Hide and Suppress to remove a part or feature, yet maintain the association for constraints. Mirror can not be used to create right and left hand variations of a part or feature because...