What's new

Search results

1. S

Does anyone have a good way to convert an .stl file to something that Alibre can use?

Does anyone have a good way to convert an .stl file to something that Alibre can use?
  2. S

Any good way to convert an .stl file to something Alibre can process?

Any good way to convert an .stl file to something Alibre can process?
  3. S

Alibre under Linux?

Does anyone know if I can run Alibre under Linux? I just read where MS is going to a subscription model for Windows 12. I currently run Windows 10. Thanks in advance
  4. S

Equation editor question

How do I change the type of parameter from scale to length? I am trying to use the equation SFINV in a hole size dimension, but Alibre doesn't like it. Here is a screenshot of my equations. Thanks for your help Steve
  5. S

Equation editor question

That worked, but I still don't understand the issue. Here is another example shat should have worked, but didn't. Steve
  6. S

Equation editor question

Forgot to mention that the model units are in mm, so everything should be in mm.
  7. S

Equation editor question

I am trying to scale a part, and am putting a scale faction in the equation editor (call it SF). I am setting SF to .5 (scaling by half). The extrusion thickness of my model is (1/SF)*8 The scaling of my model is SF The equation editor DOES NOT LIKE the (1/SF)*8 Why, and how can I do what I...
  8. S

Single line DXF

I have a dxf file, but when I open it in Alibre, it gets open into the drawing workspace. How do I get it to open in the part workspace (I want to create a part out of it). Thanks, Steve
  9. S

converting an image to a sketch

I didn't see the tutorial, but I figured it out. What I was looking for was a more automated way to tracing the image once I got it into Alibre. Corel Draw has this feature, but I can't export a file to go into Alibre.
  10. S

converting an image to a sketch

Is there any good way to convert an image to a sketch. I tried the trace, but I can't seem to get it into a sketch. Thanks in advance. I have Design Expert V26. Steve
  11. S

cutting a cylinder at an angle

Thank you. I learned 2 new things I can do with Alibre today.
  12. S

cutting a cylinder at an angle

I am trying to cut a cylinder at an angle (making a scoop), and I really don't know how to do it. I tried making a plane, but I couldn't get it on an angle. I am not sure of the angle, whatever looks correct. Does anyone know how to do this? I am running V26 Design Expert. Thanks in advance
  13. S

Mesh Cam & Engraving

I''ll throw my $.02 in here. This looks like the perfect application to 3D print. Convert to an .stl file, and send it out to a 3D printing house. I usually go to craftcloud.com, but there are lots of other places. They can also do the colored lettering for you. I have a 3D printer (Prusa...
  14. S

Optimum Motherboard for WIN-10/11 and Alibre

I am using an AsRock X570 Taichi motherboard with a AMD 5950x processorwith 64GB of memory and a 1TB M.2 SSD for a C drive (boot plus applications), and big M.2 SSDs, and an Nvidia Geforce RTX2070 Super. The 5950x requires either liquid cooling or a really big heat sink like the Noctua NH-D15...
  15. S

Making real threads

I have Alibre Design Expert I want to make (3D print, actually) a battery tube with a screw-on rear cap. How would I make real threads in Alibre? Thanks in advance. Steve
  16. S

Having problems with extrude

I use the equation editor, but in this case, I didn't want to parameterize the measurements. My only problem was that I forgot about the draft command. I used it and it worked fine. I still don't know why the draft on the extrude worked as it did. It was counter intuitive. It should have...
  17. S

Thanks. I forgot about the draft command. I only needed it once. See attachment.
  18. S

I am having problems with Extrusion 12. I am trying to get BOTH sides of the rectangle to extrude at the same angle of 15 degrees. Extrude wants to have both sides go triangular shaped, which isn't what I want, and seems illogical for a draft angle.
  19. S

How do I do this?

Never mind. I figured it out. Too bad you can't extrude along a plane as opposed to an axis.
  20. S

How do I do this?

Thanks. Could you please show me how you constructed Plane <3> and Axis <4> Steve