What's new

Search results

1. simonb65

V25 - Reference points have lost source geometry

Anyone seen this ... Deleting some unused geometry (all had the 'delete' option enabled so presumably they had no dependencies) and now I have 2 reference points that can't be deleted (greyed out) and a sketch that is also undeletable (Sketch<7>) presumably because it thinks it still contains...
  2. simonb65

V25 - Some aspects of UI performance are visibly not as good as V24

I've just opened a mid-size assembly that I created in V24. The first thing I notice is that just panning, rotating and zooming around the model soon gets V25 hung up for 5-10 seconds and becomes very laggy. The hang up is so long that I have time to open task manager, looks at the processes...
  3. simonb65

Version 25 - Features Announced via Facebook

Not seen anything on this forum, but a couple of days ago I had a Facebook notification about the new forthcoming V25 features and a link to a few preview videos at ... https://www.alibre.com/version25/ Some really cool new exciting features. Can't wait to get my hands on it !
  4. simonb65

[V24] Extrude Boss - Draft Angle Limitation? [Answered]

Just trying a solution for another forum users post and discovered that draft angle has a limit of 59.999 Degrees on this particular part ... If you increase the angle from 59 to, you get ... It doesn't matter if you have 3D preview on or off, it seems to be an underlying geometry thing...
  5. simonb65

Tracing Image Issue

There seems to be a usability issue with using Tracing Images when drawing on faces. If you position the Tracing Image above the face you want to sketch on, then select the face for 2D sketching, the face is rendered closer to the user than the tracing image and obscures the image! This is on...
  6. simonb65

V24 [bug] - Sketch dimensions not updating

Updating a dimension and the dimension shown on the sketch doesn't update! Dimension line stays where it used to be and the value remains unchanged, yet the line it dimensions has moved to the new location ... Open up the dimension and it actually shows the correct value ... Looks like the...
  7. simonb65

V24 - Adding Text throws a sketch problem, but Analyse Sketch shows no issues!

Add text to the sketch ... Deactivate the sketch ... Edit the sketch and select Analyse with all options checked ... So, what's the detected problem Alibre? Even tried fully constraining the BBW and ABS text, still no difference! Still lets me Extrude Cut the sketch as expected, but...
  8. simonb65

Forum Security Certificate Issues

Is anyone having issues with the forum regarding expired security certificates, particularly from mobile and tablet devices using either Samsung Internet or mobile Chrome browsers running Android 11? Forum works fine on my desktop and laptop!
  9. simonb65

v23 - Realtime previews don't allow some edges to be selected

When filleting, for example, if you have real time preview enabled, then some edges of the model you hover over are not recognised (i.e no cursor change to show that your hovering over an edge) and the edge can't be selected as an edge to have the fillet applied to it. Can anyone confirm that...
  10. simonb65

v23 - Strange rendering with 'Inspect -> Section Views'

Has anyone else seen this when inspecting an assembly, and is it fixed in v24? Move the Inspect plane and you get odd 'section fills' shown ... All is ok at this point ... Move the plane slightly ... and a bit further and it inverts the solid portions altogether! ... It appears that when...
  11. simonb65

v23 - Yet another crash ...

Never going to get this project completed this week this rate! ... even though I've been working non-stop all week end and its now 0:20am in the morning! Just adding a sketch line to an existing sketch figure ...
  12. simonb65

v23 - Genuine plea to reduce the number of clicks when dimensioning options need to be chosen!

After changing the best part of a hundred holes on a 3D print design to incorporate printable holes, i.e. I found the task of dimensioning from linear to circular a process that has made me loose the will to live! The amount of clicks to select which option I want is painful. As a suggestion...
  13. simonb65

v23 - Reference button doesn't select the last used reference figure

If you try select a previously used reference figure directly using the button above the dropdown, i.e. Circular - Centre, Start, End. Just pressing the button on the ribbon should activate the same tool as last used, but it doesn't ... You have to use the drop down and select the tool from...
  14. simonb65

v23 - Alibre just hangs after selecting an edge to fillet

Yet another issue when using Alibre for long periods of time. In this instance I created a new part, was just getting round to filleting the edges when selecting an edge caused Alibre to want to 'Update Annotations and Redline' (the same cyclic operation that just kicks in after about 9 hours of...
  15. simonb65

V23 - Sweep Bug !?

Anyone else seen this issue, where the geometry goes the opposite way along the path from the sweep sketch? (no, it's not just the preview!)...
  16. simonb65

Unnecessary saving of assembly sub-components .. Why?

I have created an assembly that inserted another sub-assembly. Once constrained, I try and save the top level assembly ... but the save dialog wants to save a part that is in my sub-assembly (and hasn't changed)! So, why does it want to save it and why can't I tell it not to? The part it refers...
  17. simonb65

[V22] - Random application crash during sketch edit

Opens a part, changed the view to Orthagraphic, hit the 'Top' on the View Cube, selected sketch for editing then panning the window during a sketch edit (using the centre mouse button down) ... the workspace just closed without warning. Also closed home window closed down with the message ...
  18. simonb65

[V22] - 3D Sketching woes

Has anyone had issues with 3D sketching (in the part workspace). In particular with ... a) Trying to figure out which axis is the actual movement plane by the coloured guide lines that project from the cursor location. Be nicer if the plane of movement was highlighted instead of the confusing...
  19. simonb65

Save Catalog, it doesn't if ...

... you have anything in the sketch other than geometry, i.e. reference figures. Why can't the 'Save Catalog' just strip out anything that isn't a sketch figure and just save it? Instead it just blankly sits there as you select a sketch over and over not understanding WHY it won't accept your...
  20. simonb65

Navigation Cube disappears during sketch edits! Why?

Why does the navigation cube disappear when I'm in 2D sketch mode? I still want the ability to swing the part around to see and measure things. I can move around the part with my mouse buttons or spacemouse, but not the cube ... because it disappears. It's not as if my view is locked to being...