What's new

Search results

1. C

Downloaded MeshCAM v9 from Alibre runs extremely slow

DavidJ…..I do have an older computer so will try it on that one. Just doesn’t make sense why AD expert runs fine and MeshCAM just won’t. Simonb65….I will use your suggestion and check out the task manager and windows defender.
  2. C

Slow means it takes 30 seconds or more to load, and when it does it seems to be loading multiple versions as the screen flickers and an occasional ”not responding” message occurs. Finally the welcome splash screen. But still not info on the left side main menu area. May finally load a file but...
  3. C

Just purchased MeshCAMv9 from Aibre to go with my Alibre Design expert and it runs extremely slow if at all. Alibre was no help, said to contact MeshCAM which I did. They tried to be helpful but no luck. Tried uninstall/reinstall same thing. Did uninstall and reinstalled software from...
  4. C

Publish PDF will not include 3D model

Thanx again for everyone's help. Figured out the real problem. Apparently this is for windows 8. This new operating system uses Microsoft Reader as the default PDF reader and it does not function with AD to publish a pdf file. Had to download the latest Adobe Reader XI. Then go into the...
  5. C

Thanx for the quick comeback. This version is ver.14 in 64 bit. Actually went back to my other computer, v12 and did the pdf with the same files and text with no problems so I assume I am missing something with v14. I also assume if it wasn't the correct version of the pdf software to work...
  6. C

Have used Alibre for many years and had no problem publishing to PDF and including the 3D model. This new version, and my first time using it, the preview and published PDF will not include the model. The upper half of the page is blank but the header and text is as it should be. Went thru...
  7. C

Recent update for Alibre 12

Problem fixed with a program uninstall using the site software and a reinstall. Thanx to everyone for their guidance. George
  8. C

David and Ryan, thanx for the comeback. The issue is not file specific, does the same thing with any previous file or even a new blank file. I will go the uninstall/reinstall route now and keep you posted. George
  9. C

Thanx for the quick replies. Current version is Date: Friday, March 16, 2012 12:17:12 PM Alibre Design™ Professional 2012 Alibre Design Version:[...
  10. C

Also with the recent update (installed yesterday)----cannot edit dimensions, nothing will enter. Is it possible to go back and uninstall the update? I tried the windows restore but got a number of error messages from Alibre and the software would not load. Had to unrestore the restore just...
  11. C

cannot edit existing drawings

It's prpbably something simple. Never had a problem opening existing drawings and editing---till today. drawings will open but cannot activate sketch, move items, resize or anything. Nothing seems available. I can create new drawings and all features are available. Any suggestions? I am...
  12. C

Plastics and Metal Design Guides

There are really no definitive guides to totally design a plastic part. Most of what you read will deal with general rules for designing ribs, vertical walls, location of holes, etc. I have been in plastics for over 30 years and molded/designed quite a few odd products. Basically my theory...
  13. C

install both 8.0 and 8.2 as seperate installs

Jim Thanx for the reply. It's not a matter of a new machine, only that this machine at work has some other CAD programs on it and a bunch of older project files that I'd like to keep. Unfortunatly it was never equiped with a CD burner, only a floppy drive so transferring files or...
  14. C

install both 8.0 and 8.2 as seperate installs

install both 8.0 and 8.2 as seperate installs A quick and silly question. Can I install ver8.0 and 8.2 on the same machine as seperate installs? The reason, ver 8.0 is on an older machine at work that cannot be upgraded to 8.2 (incomplete graphics but 8.0 is fine) and I have a...
  15. C

3D Printing/Prototyping needed

Matt Check out http://www.quickparts.com All types of SLA models and will quote in a few minutes directly from Alibre part files George