What's new

Search results

1. T

Toolbar icons in V26 are way too big (Fixed)

Yes. That's what I meant. I looked there and missed it. Duh! Satisfaction achieved. Thanks very much for the quick reply.
  2. T

Toolbar icons in V26 are way too big (Fixed)

Admin Edit: System Options -> Display -> General : Toolbar Icon Size to change the size of icons. Toolbar icons in V26 are way too big. This makes using Alibre much less convenient for me. Perhaps if I was an every day "power" user of Alibre I wouldn't even use the icons, living on the command...
  3. T

Can't copy and paste text.

A good suggestion, especially as I was not familiar with the Catalog. Unfortunately saving text in this fashion is not supported, unless it has been exploded. On the other hand, since I need to have the text exploded for engraving anyway, this still saves me a bunch of time and effort. Thanks.
  4. T

Can't copy and paste text.

I have created a front panel in V24 with a fair amount of text. I want to move some of it around, which I can do by dragging with the mouse. Good so far. However, I want to copy and paste some of it and that does not work. Every way I try to select the text line does not result in any text...
  5. T

Adjusting Hidden Line parameters in a Drawing

Is there any way to change dash length and spacing in hidden lines on a drawing? I would like to be able to control those parameters as well as line width. If those capabilities exist , I can't find them. Even DesignCAD can do this, not that I have any desire to use DesignCAD for creating my 3D...
  6. T

3D PARSING ERROR with Print 3D pdf

Thank you for your post(s). They led me to a solution to a similar problem I was having: That of producing a usable 3D PDF from Alibres "Publish to 3D PDF" feature. With a very complex assembly, I was getting 3D files with severe "fractalizing" to paraphrase your term. Once you showed that it...
  7. T

AlibreCAM Discontinued Again?

The DIvorce. From my perspective. As of Alibre 22, Albre CAM still works. From MecSoft national sales manager: There will be no effort from MecSoft to continue this in subsequent Alibre versions. MecSoft claims to be the damaged party, citing Alibres refusal to be a cooperative "partner". They...
  8. T

Associative editing of part in assembly not working

No need to upload a file. Nate hit it on the head. I needed to "Edit Here FIRST and THEN Project to Sketch and Cut. Worked perfectly. Now, I'm going to live dangerously and try the same thing with two sheet metal parts, one with and one (currently) without holes.
  9. T

Associative editing of part in assembly not working

I used to be able to transfer features (holes, mostly) from one part to another in an assembly, using Project to Sketch and extrude cut. After a Save As, they would show up in the effected parts new file which would then be used in subsequent fabrication processes. No more. I have unproductively...
  10. T

Part Features created by Project to Sketch in Assembly

Thanks David, That's good to know. Hopefully, as I get my machine shop put back together from having to do major renovations to my building, my use of Alibre will become less sporadic and I'll be able to retain this sort of thing in my head between uses. While I wouldn't classify myself as a...
  11. T

Thank you Harold for a cogent response! Yes, that is exactly what I did. I've been away from "heavy" use of Alibre for a few years and am having to relearn old, and some new, techniques. I went back and removed The previous cuts and successfully used Edit Here, as you directed, to create those...
  12. T

In my Assembly, I used Project to Sketch, and Extrude Cut, to place bolt holes in a part which line up with holes which were drawn into a different part. Minor issue: I now have red "holes" in my assembly 3D. I wish to eliminate, or at least hide, those "holes". Major issue: The holes created...
  13. T

Atom3d & Alibre 2018 native file interchangability?

I go back a long way with Alibre (ver8), including keeping my support alive during (enduring) the Geomagic years..... This year, I re-upped with 2018, including CAM(4axis), Motion & FEA add ons. While I expect to use this with my vertical mill, which is being upgraded to 4 axis, I also have a...
  14. T

Foating License?

Prior to renewing my support contract, the dialog with Alibre sales included the topic of the soon to be released 2018 version having the ability to use a floating license. In my mind this should work like the license for Alibre CAM: The license would be automatically acquired when I start...
  15. T

Feedback for 2012 - What do you love?

I did that. While it does take me to a more familiar realm, I still have the cartoon icons. I REALLY want the old look and feel. I was comfortable with it and could quickly tell where I was at and what to click. Those who did not use Alibre much, or are new users, who did/have not develop(ed) a...
  16. T

Feedback for 2012 - What do you love?

:cry: Gimme back the old icons! My first impression of 2012: "O geez here we go again. Now I'll have to relearn a program that I have become productive with because somebody thinks change for its own sake is good." Forced significant GUI changes suck! AutoCAD retains its dominance not because...
  17. T

Alibre CAMs text engraving funtion is poor.

This is a warning to prospective Alibre CAM license purchasers. There is a lot to like about Alibre CAM. BUT, if you expect it to be as elegant in producing engraved text as many other much less costly programs that offer text engraving as a central feature, you will be disappointed. First and...
  18. T

No Feature-Patterns in 3 or 4 axis CAM?

I keep running into Expert Level AlibreCAMs lack of support for Features created using "Feature Pattern ". It's very annoying, as it means I have to go back and copy those features to as many locations as they need to be. Does this limitation only exist in the 2.5 axis ("free") version or does...
  19. T

Display Error

Strictly speaking, running Alibre in Windows XP through Virtualbox on a Linux system does meet the published requirements stated by Alibre. Dxdiag tests for DirectDraw and Direct3D 9 compliance are passed. However, Virtualbox provides no support for earlier versions of Directx (tests for DX8 and...
  20. T

Alibre on Linux

I frequently run Alibre 12.1 on Linux (Suse 11.1, but the particular flavor is not especially critical) using VMWare 7 to run XP. Alibre also worked with VMWare 6.5 and XP. Because Alibre is a graphics and calculation intensive application there is a noticeable performance hit, probably due in...