What's new

Search results

1. M

Annoying crashes

Well all crashes are annoying, but I'd like to know what causes this↓↓; Its Expert V27, on a 2022 Dell i7 laptop, 16GB RAM, Windows 11, with a secondary monitor. It randomly happens, sometimes something to do with working on a part in an assembly. Sometimes a part does odd things, like an...
  2. M

M files woes...

So, I have been using the Mfiles vault which came with Alibre since 2014 without any serious hiccups, until a couple of weeks ago. Essentially, an overdue update to Windows 10 resulted in the computer being wiped. I have a backup of the files - and on it there is the Mfiles folder with what...
  3. M

Annoying glitch...

Just wondering this look this likely to be a graphics card issue or just another thing to work around? The model is a boolean addition of a solid part & a sheetmetal curve with the lettering on it. Its to indicate some engraved text on the inside curve of a part. The model seems ok, but the...
  4. M

Sheet metal driving me round the bend...

...haha It's been the bane of my life for the last couple of years & not just Alibre though (inventor is as bad)! Anyway, can anyone shed some light on this; If I change the material thickness from 1.6 to 1.2 the flanges fail & I don't understand why they should. No other settings change...
  5. M

Corrupt files?

Ok - bad practise I know, but I left an assembly open overnight. When I rewake the computer next morning, the assembly has become disconnected & is showing up a load of bad constraints. These are missing one reference to one of the components, and I am unable to remake the constraints - it...
  6. M

Wishlist?

Didn't there used to be a wishlist section somewhere? Wouldn't it be nice if when you check a part's physical properties - it actually showed what the density of the part's material was in the box/window along with mass etc. Rather than having to go back into the part properties menu to double...
  7. M

Excel add-in

I've been trying (& failing) to get the Excel add in for Alibre to work. I have Alibre Design Expert 2018 64bit residing on an SSD partition 'F' drive, & Excel 2002 32bit on the regular 'C' drive. Windows 7 throughout. Am I on a non starter here - or is there a way to make it work?? or an...
  8. M

Sheetmetal work?!

Just a general question about Alibre’s sheet metal ability. Does anyone here use it professionally (ie for their day job)? I spend my day fighting with Inventor trying to keep holes & flanges in line, & the more I’ve worked with it (3 yrs now) the more I’m convinced it’s not really the right...
  9. M

Missing icons

Hi, I have just upgraded my graphics card, & added an SSHD to my computer. Geomagic is now moved to the SSHD & M Files is where it always was, on the old 'C' drive. Everything works nicely as it should, however Geomagic files now show up in MFiles as generic icons - I've looked, but can't find...
  10. M

The dreaded knurling problem...

I seem to be getting asked for a knurled finish on parts quite a lot recently. I design & make custom made lights (luminaires), and customers do like to see a bit of knurling! - the industrial look is as popular as ever. So as you can imagine rendering can get painfully slow. I was wondering...
  11. M

Simple M files question...

Hi I am persisting with M files although I am not entirely convinced it is for me though - although to be honest I am trying to find out how it works as I go along. Anyway, my question is; I have a growing list of 'Projects'. Some really are projects and some are things like standard components...
  12. M

Sketched bends in sheetmetal

Hi, Is there a way of getting the enclosed to work. What I want is to bend the 'C' shaped bit up, and leave the bit in the middle behind, so in effect there are 2 sketched bends. When I can get it to bend as I want, the second bend becomes a cut. Is it possible to do in one fold, or do I have to...
  13. M

Welded sheet metal parts

Hi, What is the best way to approach this? I have a part (say a brick shape) which is modelled, corners radiussed, and shelled so that it now represents a sheet metal box that has the corners welded and ground smooth;- all well and good for the assembly and presentation drawings etc. Now if I...
  14. M

Custom fastners

Hi, New Geomagic user here (ex ProE/vectorworks); I would like to be able to add a couple of thread sizes to those available from the pulldown menu, for example M10 x 1. I see there are various discussions on here regarding modifying/importing unicode files, to do this. Ok, I can write a few...
  15. M

Invisible text

Hi, I have a pretty basic question here; When I create a 2D drawing of a 3D model, I can put dimensions, callouts etc. in as expected, but no text is visible! The leader lines & arrows show - but no text at all. Altering the text size makes no difference, nor does toggling the dimension...