What's new

Search results

1. A

reversing top face

Nate, Thanks, The Side I am working on now has a few extra features the opposite side doesn't. I could try the mirror and then delete the extra stuff. Art
  2. A

reversing top face

I am working on two parts that are mirror images of each other. I have been focused on one side and working on the CAM setup, ignoring the other side. As I pulled up the other side (it uses the same cutters drills ect.) I realized that the Top face on the side I have been working on is drawn as...
  3. A

Constraining a gear on a shaft

Kenn 226, Thanks for the help that worked quite well. Sacherjj I will try your method on the cam to cam gear constraint. Sorry as a hobbyist I don't have V27 so I couldn't look at your rotary lock assembly. but I will see If I can figure it out. Art
  4. A

Constraining a gear on a shaft

I have moved on from importing the gear into Alibre. I fave the gear on the shaft and in the location I want, but it rotates on the shaft I want it fixed. I have a coincidental and coaxial restraints. I real life it's a press fit onto the crankshaft. This seems like it should be an easy fix and...
  5. A

gears in alibre

At this point I'm not cutting gears and am only using them in an assembly. At some time I will try cutting them, I purchased these. Art
  6. A

gears in alibre

Ok, I did manage to figure this out. Nate your link was helpful but I'm more of a visual learner so I looked for a video. Then I figured it out. thanks for your help everyone. Art
  7. A

gears in alibre

I managed to figure how to import a DXF file I exported from Gearotic, it opened as a 2D drawing. But now I am unable to do anything with that gear file in Alibre, any suggestions. Art
  8. A

gears in alibre

Sorry for the slow reply. I had to relearn what I used to know about Gearotic. So when I go into the output mode it drops the CAD option. If I click on the STL I have an option for Binary or Ascii. If I go for the DXF option my control type is 2D dxf or 3D dxf. I stand corrected in the tool tab...
  9. A

gears in alibre

Harold, To answer your question I've included a screen shot of the selections. I had attempted to cut a gear using the 4th axis function but it snapped the tool. In looking into that I found that my 4th axis was turning backwards positive rather than negative. I will look into other suggestions...
  10. A

gears in alibre

Hi all, I'm working on a project and would like to import gears from Gearotic 3.xx into Alibre V25. My output options in Gearotic DXF, STL and CAD. Does anyone know how to go about this and give me some instruction. Art
  11. A

extruding a vertical rib

Harold, Got it, thanks! The only thing I can see that I did different was not going into edit mode on sketch 14. Art
  12. A

extruding a vertical rib

Harold, I was on vacation the week between Christmas and new years. I watched your video but had no computer CAD capable. I have worked on it this week especially this weekend. But there is no joy in Mudville. I did change some things in sketch 14, like the Collinear face. Ended up with no...
  13. A

extruding a vertical rib

Harold, Ok I am up to my ears in frustration. I checked the drawing and it had open loops no healing option. I put a radius on each corner still open loop. Deleted and redraw fine. Previously had open loops No problem. go to project to sketch to create drawing 15 then model this time analyze...
  14. A

extruding a vertical rib

Harold, I tried to follow your video, it was clear after all. But no joy. I was not given an error message when I punched in the info in the sweep window it just did nothing. It didn't highlight the box to apply nothing. I even reduced the size of the drawing from .209 to .176 as you have what...
  15. A

extruding a vertical rib

Harold, I watched the video and it made sense till I got home and tried to do it. Probably doesn't help I've been sick with cold symptoms, tested negative for covid. One thing I noticed is my face for the "to geometry" is face 68 not 73 like yours. I can't seem to make the project to sketch...
  16. A

extruding a vertical rib

Harold, Thanks, after watching the video everything made total sense. I will have a go at it tomorrow. Art
  17. A

extruding a vertical rib

Harold, Thanks for you help. But I am not following this completely. I was looking for drawing 15 and 16 which the sweep refers to. I extrapolated where 15 is on the mounting flange but I cant figure out where 16 is. Art
  18. A

extruding a vertical rib

Harold, Sorry bout this is the closest to a screen shot I can do. If I was capable of doing a screen shot I wouldnt have needed help. I bought the blueprints for George B's flathead V8 and decided the bellhousing was a good place to start. Art
  19. A

extruding a vertical rib

Albie And Harold, That isn't quite what I wanted otherwise I think I'd have figured that out. "The ribs radius is 2.276 or .047 higher than the 2.229 radius of the body of the bellhousing". Harold the portion of the drawing you have in yellow is the 2.229 the rib is .047 taller than the 2.229...
  20. A

extruding a vertical rib

Working on the same bellhousing. The last portion I'm having trouble on is the two vertical ribs. I have tried to use the wrap, project. I can't make it work. Any suggestions? I drew the ribs in the location where they should project. The ribs radius is 2.276 .047 higher than the 2.229 radius of...