What's new

Search results

1. A

reversing top face

I am working on two parts that are mirror images of each other. I have been focused on one side and working on the CAM setup, ignoring the other side. As I pulled up the other side (it uses the same cutters drills ect.) I realized that the Top face on the side I have been working on is drawn as...
  2. A

Constraining a gear on a shaft

I have moved on from importing the gear into Alibre. I fave the gear on the shaft and in the location I want, but it rotates on the shaft I want it fixed. I have a coincidental and coaxial restraints. I real life it's a press fit onto the crankshaft. This seems like it should be an easy fix and...
  3. A

gears in alibre

Hi all, I'm working on a project and would like to import gears from Gearotic 3.xx into Alibre V25. My output options in Gearotic DXF, STL and CAD. Does anyone know how to go about this and give me some instruction. Art
  4. A

extruding a vertical rib

Working on the same bellhousing. The last portion I'm having trouble on is the two vertical ribs. I have tried to use the wrap, project. I can't make it work. Any suggestions? I drew the ribs in the location where they should project. The ribs radius is 2.276 .047 higher than the 2.229 radius of...
  5. A

How to extrude cut an angled portion

I have been working on the cad drawings for a V8 bellhousing. I have gotten stuck at this point. I am trying to extrude cut the highlited portion. On the top you can see the surface in light blue and in red the other face this is the portion I want to cut. If I go to NEXT well at least last...
  6. A

Help on part I'm modeling in Alibre

I am working on the bell housing for George Britnell's flat head V8. I have a large portion of it done but can't figure my way out of the corner I've painted myself into. The highlighted portion is my problem. I want to in essence extrude cut that as part of the rectangle below it into the...
  7. A

Importing a PDF blueprint

Hi, I have a PDF photo of a blueprint and would like to import it into Alibre and arrange it so that I can determine dimensions. The print states that it is in 1/2 scale. I did go to open and the location and have it in Alibre, but it is upside down and backwards and maybe a 10 degree angle. Can...
  8. A

Importing into alibre

I was wondering how to go about importing a gear from Gearotic 2.0 into Alibre. Art
  9. A

Constraint Over Defined

I have been having problems constraining parts in an assembly. I have a cover that gets mounted by screws onto a case. I constrained one hole and mated the two surfaces BUT I can't seem to constrain another set of holes on the opposite side so that the cover doesn't rotate on the other holes I...
  10. A

Can't rotate cam lobe on z axis

Hi, I have drawn a cam lobe and want to rotate it in 90 degree increments around the Z axis. I am making a camshaft and thought it would be easier to draw it up once and copy into the right plane location then extrude boss. Then go on to the next one. I have attached the file rather than a...
  11. A

hole pattern on a non planar face

I am trying to complete a cad drawing of a piston. What I want to do is choose the face at the bottom of the oil ring groove for the 8 holes. It gives me the message that it is a non planar face. How would I go about this? thanks for any help you can give me. I realize I could easily drill the...
  12. A

Trouble with 3D fillet

I have been trying to put a .187 fillet on the edge of a part and have been unsuccessful. Here is a snapshot of the part, the blue line on the left side is where I have been to do the .187 fillet. I have been getting this error message. "BL_CAP_COMPLEX: could not find acceptable sequence of...
  13. A

updating fast views

Hi, I am presently using AD expert 2011 and I am trying trying to print a drawing file that was generated in AD 2010 but get an error message that says "Obsolete Fast Views This drawing has obsolete Fast Views: which will not be displayed unless updated. OK". How do I update this? I did find in...