What's new

Search results

1. jfleming

Set colour for notes in drawings

Is this something that would be controlled in your Drawing Template file?
  2. jfleming

Complex shape recommendations

Hello all. I have this 3d printed part that I've been working on as shown attached. This was print #4 and while I am satisfied with it, I would like to have it fit the bezel better. I do not have a 3d scan. I'm using v27. Have a decade of Alibre experience but am struggling with how to get...
  3. jfleming

Simple question: How to make the Z axis be up/down

The Z up thing has been a thing since I first started using the software in 2014. It would be a nice update, and there seems to be no shortage of it as a topic on here.
  4. jfleming

Farewell - >>>

I am changing jobs and will not be using Alibre after tomorrow. It has been fun learning from all of you folks on here. I truly loved this forum and the people. Everyone was so helpful. Most often someone here would have the answer to any question I had, or could get me pointed in the right...
  5. jfleming

Using Master Sketches in Assemblies

There is one way that might work for you. Use Global Parameters. Create your GP file with all dimension values to be utilized in the Master Sketch. Create your first part using that sketch. Do a Save As, and save your second part. Both parts would then refer to and utilize the GP...
  6. jfleming

Who here uses M-Files Vault?

Wish we had it.
  7. jfleming

Bug/Issue - Global Parameters - Parameter Comments

The GP values are only used in other locations (parts, assemblies) so why wouldn't they appear in the parts and assemblies EE????
  8. jfleming

Bug/Issue - Global Parameters - Parameter Comments

First, checking if this is normal behavior? If so, I will be submitting ticket to enhance this. I created a global parameters file, with named values of G-D01, G-D02, etc... I then added comments to them which describe what the value is for. Next, I created my part file, and linked the...
  9. jfleming

Default axis orientation seems odd to me.

Submit an enhancement request through the online ticket system. Many of us have requested this for years. https://support.alibre.com/s/
  10. jfleming

Can I ??? Export Global Parameters to .CSV, .XLSX, etc.

So I finally had a chance to look at this Excel Add-On today. Got things working nicely . Closed all the programs down, and then when opening the Excel Add-On, suddenly had the error shown below, and now there is no updating between excel and the GP file. The GP file is linked, there are...
  11. jfleming

Open a new part

That would be a nice improvement for sure!
  12. jfleming

"Paste" in Drawings

Found that you cannot be hovering on a "viewport" or "active" in a viewport in order for the Paste to appear. Not a fan, it's kind of opposite of how you do place any other dimensions or notes on a view, but I can see both sides of it. I won't lose any sleep over it. Ctrl+V it is.
  13. jfleming

"Paste" in Drawings

My second right click looks like this:
  14. jfleming

"Paste" in Drawings

Why is there no RMB Click > Paste available in the menu after you have copied a note, or anything for that matter? I can RMB Click and Cut, Copy, 2D Drawing Mode. Example: Copying this note, but then no option to RMB option to paste it. Must take hands off of the mouse and find Ctrl+V...
  15. jfleming

Mirror or Circular or Linear pattern

Hopefully. As it stands, the Offset function is mostly useless for my design intentions. I found a different way to accomplish what I need though, using the Thin Extrude Cut. and specifying my Offset there.
  16. jfleming

v27 Preview - Feature Pattern along Path

Thats a nice feature. I also agree with the additional comments that have been made.
  17. jfleming

Looking up sketch constraints

I'd love to see a table/list with each sketch constraint, so that they are more easily identified and, in most cases, deleted, or possibly edited. The inherent constraints are never obvious and it seems like sometimes they "stick" and sometimes they don't.
  18. jfleming

save-as issues

Are you doing the Save As and packaging from the model file of the top level assembly, or from the Drawing file of the top level assembly?
  19. jfleming

Clear all shortcut in measure window?

This 1000% The hotkey idea you suggested, even better. There are many areas/opportunities for less mouse clicking in this software. there could be an update devoted just to that!
  20. jfleming

Clear all shortcut in measure window?

I still think there should be a button. The two other ways to do this are not obvious enough, JMO.