What's new

Search results

1. jfleming

Complex shape recommendations

Hello all. I have this 3d printed part that I've been working on as shown attached. This was print #4 and while I am satisfied with it, I would like to have it fit the bezel better. I do not have a 3d scan. I'm using v27. Have a decade of Alibre experience but am struggling with how to get...
  2. jfleming

Farewell - >>>

I am changing jobs and will not be using Alibre after tomorrow. It has been fun learning from all of you folks on here. I truly loved this forum and the people. Everyone was so helpful. Most often someone here would have the answer to any question I had, or could get me pointed in the right...
  3. jfleming

Bug/Issue - Global Parameters - Parameter Comments

First, checking if this is normal behavior? If so, I will be submitting ticket to enhance this. I created a global parameters file, with named values of G-D01, G-D02, etc... I then added comments to them which describe what the value is for. Next, I created my part file, and linked the...
  4. jfleming

"Paste" in Drawings

Why is there no RMB Click > Paste available in the menu after you have copied a note, or anything for that matter? I can RMB Click and Cut, Copy, 2D Drawing Mode. Example: Copying this note, but then no option to RMB option to paste it. Must take hands off of the mouse and find Ctrl+V...
  5. jfleming

Drawings - Retarget Dimension

In 2D drawing workspace, is it a known issue that Ordinate Dimensions are not available for retargeting when you reproject views?
  6. jfleming

Number of Undo's ????

Is there a way to increase the number of Undo operations that can be performed? If not, that would sure be a nice update!
  7. jfleming

2D Drawing, How to ? Centerline Length/Symettry

When you have a part like this drawn, and you utilize the "Centerline" tool to generate the centerline for the width/length, they come up short due to the radii on the OD of part. The centerline can then be manually manipulated to drag it out and extend it. Now I'll admit that this is...
  8. jfleming

Hole Callouts, How do I modify Tolerance?

See below. Aside from modifying the callout itself, is there a way to change the tolerance to 2 places on this? It seems that anytime I modify an item in RED, it seems to have a mind of its own when I reopen the drawing months later.
  9. jfleming

Thread representation

Just posting here to see if this is a known issue. Two holes, created with Hole Tool as the same feature. One goes thru, the other does not. Both are the same #10-32 thread, but are represented differently.>>>>
  10. jfleming

Curious... How many using as a team vs. stand-alone

I was thinking today, I wonder how many people use the software just themselves? And how many might be using the software in a company, where multiple users could be accessing the same files?
  11. jfleming

Step Thru Features Tree?

Is there a way to easily step down thru your model, from start to finish? I realize you can "Grab" the "Dogbone" and drag it, but honestly, it is difficult to do that 1 by 1. It would sure be convenient if the Page Up and Page Down buttons would step you down thru the Features (or something...
  12. jfleming

Extrusion Fails

I have this shape that I am trying to extrude, however, it wont. The geometry is coming from a .dxf file. Analyzing the sketch does not show any errors. The extrusion shows:
  13. jfleming

Configurations Issue

I submitted a ticket for this. Just ran into an issue using configurations, which was totally unexpected. Part as shown. The small OD extrusion is different lengths, creating a long and short version of the part. This feature, Extrusion<2>, was created using the "From Geometry" Method...
  14. jfleming

Fillet at base of Hexagonal Shape

I have noticed this before on some odd shapes, but this simple Hex will not permit me to place my fillet the entire way around the base of this Hex shape. Does anyone know why? I have to create an addition fillet feature to select the 6th edge of the part.
  15. jfleming

V26 - 1 week Review

Well running V26 now. After about a week now of using it. I like it. There are a lot of nice things. I especially like the dark mode and all of the improvements on the Drawings Side. The display of things is better and all around it was a nice update. Would like to see the Measure Tool...
  16. jfleming

Discovery: Equation Editor - Part vs. Boolean

Good day all, I am working on several parts that involves a Boolean Subtract. For simplicity sake, lets assume that the Tangent Constraint shown below, is the only value which is different among the 10 parts. I expected that I could simply go into the Equation Editor for each part, change...
  17. jfleming

2D Drawing Templates - Text Always "Black" Color

See screenshot attached. Text for notes and the text from the drawing template itself appear to be auto-placed on the "Continuous" Layer. Despite this layer being set to my "green" color, the text ALWAYS stays "black" in Alibre. Is there no way to control this? In Screenshot below...
  18. jfleming

2D Drawings: Hot Key for Dim Style?

Goal: Select one or several dimensions on my drawing. Press a Hot Key that would then apply a specific Dim Style from the Template to the chosen dimensions. Is that possible? Or more randomly, is there a way to "record a macro" and assign to a hot key? Is that what Scripts are?
  19. jfleming

2D - How to Hatch like this?

Having troubles with hatching on a 2D drawing. We need to show an area that gets coated as part of a secondary process. Have been unsuccessful. Example of what I'm looking to do accomplish below with the gray areas. (note this was a customer print generated in another software). Here is...
  20. jfleming

Exporting....File Type Defaults?

Is there a way to control the Default Filetypes for the export options. In example attached, I prefer to use Step AP 242 File, versus Step AP 203. It sounds trivial, but it is 2 extra mouse-clicks every time I export a file. It adds up though. The same is true for DWG Files.. It defaults...