What's new

Search results

1. B

FEM Designer gone from menu bar in V25??

You are correct, the ADDON folder did not contain FEM in the new Alibre Design v25.0.0.25033 folder. I copied the FEM folder from the old Alibre Design folder into the Addon folder in the new Alibre Design v25.0.0.25033 folder and FEM now is working. I have contacted Jim at FEMDesigner and I'm...
  2. B

FEM Designer gone from menu bar in V25??

Was working fine in V24 but now it's gone??
  3. B

V21 & FEMDesign crash

The FEM Designer error was Bob. With help from James at FEM Designer, I updated my system to the current release and I now have a working version. I was using the 2017 version and that required an upgrade to the current version.
  4. B

V21 & FEMDesign crash

I wish I got a massage???? Just an error message. I haven't contacted Alibre or FEMDesign yet.
  5. B

V21 & FEMDesign crash

V21 loaded OK and old complex assemblies load and behave OK. But when I loaded a simple assembly and accessed FEM, using loadcase that worked previously Got this massage:
  6. B

FEA

Just a quick report. I received an email from FEMdesigner and I now have my license key and I'm up and running. Yes, I saved the key on my back-up drive and on a separate computer so I shouldn't have this issue again. :?
  7. B

FEA

Thanks for the response, Lew. I'll keep pestering the folks at FD and do the upgrade once we get re-connected. I have had good luck with the basic version but I see some need to move up and gain some more analysis capability. Bob G.
  8. B

FEA

Design Simulation Technologies is pretty pricey for a small time operator like me. I'd rather continue with FD even if it's the stand-alone version. I was considering moving to the Pro Version, have you had experience with that version of FD? If FD is off the table, I guess I'll have to get back...
  9. B

FEA

I'm posting this in the hope of finding out if the FEMDesigner team is watching this forum and still taking orders. I have my new system back up and running and the last detail will be to get FEMDesigner fully back on the air. I have FD running from Geomagic but since I lost all of my saved...
  10. B

System Crashed, need to re-install

Status update: I had some issues with vault, once I had the license key and serial number, vault installed and worked with Geomagic. BUT when I restored the vault with my back-up the M-Files client did not see the restored vault, I struggled and finally uninstalled the client, after I restored...
  11. B

Thanks for the disk image advise, that's one back-up plan that I'll put into action. Some advise I've received points me to the utilities in Windows 7, I want to explore all the option, good to know what other folks are using. I did the install last night with no issues, both help request...
  12. B

Here's the status report: Called 3D Systems support to follow-up the ticket I submitted last night. Talked to the support rep, I think his name was Phil. The email with the keys was in my inbox within 5 minutes. I'll continue the system build tonight. Yup, back-up, back-up....I thought I had...
  13. B

I had a major system crash, resulted in a re-format and restore to original..... Now I don't have my license key and it does not appear to be available from the Geomagic site, like it was in the Alibre site. I have contacted support via email, let's see how they respond. I downloaded the...
  14. B

FEM Designer 64 Bit

Now I'm really considering springing for the upgrade!
  15. B

Geomagic Design vs The World

Very well written and insightful. I use NX9.5 at work and have used PRO-E and IDEAS and of course AutoCAD. NX9.5 is very powerful, but in many cases GD gets the job done quicker and with less hoops to jump thru. I will soon be retiring from industry, and I have considered SW, again, as a means...
  16. B

FEM Designer 64 Bit

This might belong in Add-ons, but I think it's worth talking about to the general population. I stayed with 32 bit GD in order to keep my FEM Designer FEA s/w running. When GD defaulted to 64 bit with the last version upgrade I moved into the 64 bit world of GD. I recently contacted FEM and was...
  17. B

GeoMagic Downloads, how to find on new GM site?

Thanks. I got a similar response from GM support. In a very short time. I emailed support before I left for work. When I arrived about 1/2 hour later, I checked my email and the response was waiting in my inbox. Nice work GM!
  18. B

Thanks for the reply. I'd still like to find it from the support screen, they've made it a bit difficult to navigate the new site or I'm just missing something...?
  19. B

PDF creator has started to kick out an error message and since I had gotten an earlier "upgrade available" message, I went to the GM web page and started hunting for the download area. Where did it go? used to be able to see license status and available downloads, now I'm lost. Anyone have...