What's new

Search results

1. batejosh

2019- List of New Features or Fixes

Copying sheets and changing configurations!! Would be a game changer!
  2. batejosh

2019 Beta? Release?

Exciting to see all the news of the new release. It looks like it is going to be fantastic! My maintenance expires in 29 days. When I bought last year I was expecting it would cover the 2019 release. Is there any chance that Alibre will be able to give me the 2019 release on this maintenance...
  3. batejosh

Would anyone care if we removed this...

I have never used them.
  4. batejosh

Alibre suddenly will not start/run

Hi Neal, Be sure to send this problem through to support - even if you're not on maintenance :)
  5. batejosh

Reference lines viewable in another Sketch?

Hi Tom, I'm not sure if I'm understanding the issue properly, but could you use the 'project to sketch' tool, and select the sketch you made previously. You will have the options in the 'project to sketch' tool to copy over reference geometry and maintain association.
  6. batejosh

Moving sketch plane

Totally agree Mike! Was the second frustrating lack of feature I noticed about Alibre. The first was not being able to insert a mid-plane. I now overcome that by inserting a mid-point (you can do it with points, but not planes), and inserting a plane at that point.
  7. batejosh

Moving sketch plane

Good points all around Ralf! Thanks for the pro-tips. Will have to project to sketch next time :)
  8. batejosh

Moving sketch plane

You can't change sketch planes after you've made a drawing. The only way is to draw a sketch on its own new plane and you can modify that plane later if you want. The best workaround I find is to copy and paste ('Ctrl'+'T') the sketch figures from the old sketch. Can sometimes save time. You...
  9. batejosh

Try this out - online license management

This is too good! Thanks Max!
  10. batejosh

How Do I Create Hole On A Boll

I would place one hole (perhaps close to the top) , then circular pattern it down , then circular pattern it around to ge this: . Hopefully that helps!
  11. batejosh

2018 Impressions

Alibre has always crashed regularly for me. Support suggests that it is my computer because they can't replicate some of my problems, but after hearing your experience I'm not so sure! My computer seems more than capable with any other program. It's just Alibre that is unstable.
  12. batejosh

SolidWorks Import

You'll want to upload the files that you are trying to view. Then we can view them in edrawings and Alibre to see what the problem is, and advise. It would be good if you could also upload some photos of the differences/problems.
  13. batejosh

Suppressing assembly cut extrude... not possible?

The other (less than ideal) workaround would be to make new configurations at the part level where they are cut down the same plane. You can have all those configurations showing together in a new assembly configuration. Lew's suggestion of boolian subtract sounds like a good option!
  14. batejosh

importing dxf

Use 'Ctrl'+'T' to paste the copied sketch figures where you want them :)
  15. batejosh

Model View Creation

And for all who look for it in this thread later:
  16. batejosh

Can't Edit Sketch Text Figures ... BUG??

Explode has been necessary for me when the text bugs out and fails to remain constrained regardless of how many ways and times I try. The only option for me was to manually constain.
  17. batejosh

Note feature not working

The only thing that will fix this is installing Alibre 2017 on an older version of windows (7), or getting one of the latest versions of Alibre which work nicely with Windows 10. Annoying isn't it...
  18. batejosh

Vertical Dimension Note Tail

Another great idea thanks Harold! Unfortunately it yields the same problem:
  19. batejosh

Hi Harold, Thanks for your response. To my surprise, it's the same problem with the note below the dimenision: If there aren't any fixes from the community then I'll send it off to support - thank you for the suggestion.
  20. batejosh

Hi All, Just wondering whether others experience the same problem as me. When I put a note on a vertical dimension, the dimension line always grows a tail below the dimension: Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes? Thanks!