What's new

Search results

1. OrjanB

Red dimensions in drawings - again.....

Hi all, I have a very annoying problem when dimensioning drawings. In the drawing sheet I place an assembly were som parts are sectioned and some not. I.e a shaft with surrounding parts. For clarity I turn on shaded view so the parts are shown with differen colors. I do the dimensioning and it...
  2. OrjanB

Problem with .step-export

I do no 3D-printing myself - i use a web-based service: CraftCloud. I send my .step files, choose material, get the price and place order. This has worked OK for years, but not with step-files made in Alibre 27. When the file is uploaded to CraftCloud a message occurs: File corrupt. For testing...
  3. OrjanB

Project to sketch - Update problems

When using Project to sketch between two parts in an assembly I always check «maintain association with source». I then test by changing the source-sketch. All OK. When I later, in same session or next day do the same change in same project, the association with source sometimes has...
  4. OrjanB

Drawing environment again: Views

When making production drawings with dimensions and comments, parts/assemblies are placed on the sheet. Each part/assembly consist of several views, thus resulting in lot of views scattered on the sheet. During work/dimensioning I have focus on one view at a time and go back and forth between...
  5. OrjanB

Drawings: Ordinate dimensions

Hi all, In drawings I want to make ordinate dimensions. Sometimes these dimesions are shown as i.e D1=1223, sometimes the value only. I always want the value only shown, no letter D. It seems to me that if I during dimensioning connect to a line made by activate sketch in view it shows with...
  6. OrjanB

Measure tool - again.....

I constantly use the measure tool for checking distances - in both parts annd assemblies, and as mentioned in earlier threads I find the tool little intuitiv. Here is a new odditie I ran into when making a part with several elements (cuts/extrusions/fillets) To illustrate the problem I have...
  7. OrjanB

Make input-windows flexible

Hi, In Alibre there are lot of windows for keeping track of several types of elements during construction. I.e radii / fillets / parts. When editing in such windows it can be a pain to hit the wanted element when scrolling a long list in a small window. Could you please make all such windows...
  8. OrjanB

Measure tool - too complicated?

Hi all, I use the measure tool all the time and find it unessery confusing and complicated, especially when used in assemblies. When doing mesurements with planes or surface involved I always want perpendicular distances. Not the distance from i.e. edge of hole to another edge, or edge to edge...
  9. OrjanB

Missing origo in sketch and how to fix it

Alibre Design v25 During making a part: Sketching on one of the original planes I make a rectangle by center, constrained to origo by default, dimension it and extrude to a flat part. I then go on working on this part: Making holes and cuts by use of new sketches. The original rectangle is...
  10. OrjanB

Monitor - icon size - resolution

Hi, I have upgraded from a more than ten year old Intel i7 to AMD Ryzen 7 / 64 Gb RAM / 1 Tb SSD / RTX 3070 graphic card / Win 11. A noticeable improvement. Next on the list is a new monitor, upgrading from 22 inch HD to 27 inch QHD (2k) or UHD (4k). Questions: With higher resolution, will the...
  11. OrjanB

Colour of sketch-lines

AD Expert v24: Is there a way to change the colour of sketch-lines in part-environment? As default the sketchlines are red and therefore invisible when lines are on a red part or on area generated by precise section view (red by default). Changing sketch-lines from red to black would sometimes...
  12. OrjanB

Error in Library feature

AD Expert V24: The new library feature is promising for future use, especially for generating standardparts. In a forumthread I came across information telling that hidden in Alibre there is a library for fasteners. I downloaded it and find it very useful. Why is it not default when installing...
  13. OrjanB

Projection from part to part in assembly - holetool

In an assembly I have holes in part1 and project the holes to adjacent part2 using Edit here. I then go to part2 - open the projected sketch on part2 and extrude. Works fine. Problem is: I want the holes in part2 with threads. So I project the holes in a part1 to part2 as reference in order to...
  14. OrjanB

Detail view - Line Weight issue

I am using AD v24 latest build 24043 - Win 11 In system option I have realtime lineweight activated. Issue in drawings: When making a detail view of a part in a view the dimension lines in the enlarged view are also enlarged/thickened. Does not look good. The main lines are OK. Cannot remember...
  15. OrjanB

Drawings: Attention please....

I go on asking for attention to the drawing environment. Today I made several drawings based on parts and assemblies. 1) Drawing of assembly: When opening several dimensions are red indicating error - which error? I remake the dimensions and save. When opening again it is OK. I then edit a...
  16. OrjanB

Strange PDF - problem - iPad

Hi, When I make a production drawing I always also export the drawing as PDF. For sending drawings by mail PDF is the best solution due to this formats universal readability. I also save my drawings in the cloud for safety and for reading from any device via internet. This is also convenient...
  17. OrjanB

Equation editor V24

The new Equation editor in V24 is a welcome improvement. I miss though being able to filter and showing only dimensions marked as favorite. Could be of interest in cases were I have many parameters, but were only a few are of interest. As far as I can see reordering the list is the only...
  18. OrjanB

Exporting as ACAD: Improvements wanted

I have a customer that want the drawings delivered as AutoCad. In Alibre and exported as PDF it looks OK: When exported as ACAD it appears like this: The tolerances and comment text are messed up. This means that the customer has to axept drawings in PDF. General comment: In my opinion more...
  19. OrjanB

Edit part with assembly open

When working on a project with many parts in an assembly I constantly open and close parts. There are 2 ways: Open here and open in separat window. Seems that open here now is working good (I have V24), but that is certainly not the case with opening in separat window. Mainly every time I edit...
  20. OrjanB

Hole tool and sketch - some thougts and lesson learned

In Alibre Expert: I made an assembly that among other parts consisted of a plate populated with threaded holes. The holes were placed using dimensioning with the hole tool open. To these holes I constrained threaded plugs.Then assembly saved. I then wanted to rearrange the holes. The plate...