What's new

Search results

1. I

Assign a mass to a 3rd party assembly

Is there a way to assign a mass to an imported third party part or assembly? I know the weight of the part, such as a motor, but I can't use the material properties fo rthe right density of all the parts that make up the motor.
  2. I

Cannot make subassembly flexible

After insert the assembly, shown in blue, and I try to make it "flexible", I get the error Cannot make flexible because compoent"EOAT Concept2" contains inter design relationship. What is the cause of this? I don't have any feature "feature mirror" on any of the sub parts.
  3. I

Memory Leak?

I exited Alibre after I noticed it slowing down. When I looked in Task Manager Alibre appeared as a background task using 3,930 MB. The model that I was working is not that big (554MB when I openned it up again). What is going on? I am running version Alibre Design™ Expert Version: V26 64-bit...
  4. I

Mirror 3D Sketch

Is there a way to mirror a 3D sketch by picking a plane?
  5. I

Inventor Conversion

Is there a way to convert Inventor files (IPT and IAM) for Alibre Design. Attached is an IPT file that I cannot open. Thanks...
  6. I

IGES Export

Is there a way to export to an IGES file format? This is what I have when I try to export a file.
  7. I

V25 Orient to Front View does not work

When creating a custom toolbar and inserting the Orient to Front View, clicking on the Orient to Fornt View icon does nothing
  8. I

Sweep Along an Edge

I seem to remeber a tutorial for easily creating a sweep along an edge similar to the attached. I don't remenber how to eliminate the shape and keep the tube. Does anyone know how to do this?
  9. I

Unusual Memory & CPU Usage

I had an assembly open and I closed it after at leaast 5 minutes the CPU and memory usage is staying real high. Why?
  10. I

GPU Display

I have an Nvidia A5000 GPU in my laptop. How do I know if Alibre is using the GPU? Below is the setting in the System Options.
  11. I

Math Functions in Dimensions

Does anyone know if there are any issues using math functions in the dimension dialog? For instance, I have the units set to millimeters and I entered sqrt(16) and I got 40. There seems to be issues with other functions as well. Trig does not seem to work at all. Am I doing something wrong...
  12. I

STL Import

Is there a way to import an STL file into Alibre to either modify or at least measure the it to create a part?
  13. I

3D Sketch Solid

How do I make a solid from a 3D sketch? The Sketch field remains blank when I try to select it.
  14. I

Acme Thread Gearing Constraint

Does anyone know how to mechanically constrain the acme thread to the nut? The pitch is 0.25" Thanks
  15. I

SolidWorks Import

I am having problems importing SW or STEP files. Some of the components import as clear. In SW or eDrawings they look fine. What am I doing wrong?