What's new

Search results

1. R

Mass accuracy

How to set the mass display accuracy in the BOM. In my drawings I have one decimal place, e.g. 12.1, and in others three places, e.g. 12.124. What variable controls this? Regards
  2. R

DXF export problem (Dimensions getting scattered after exporting to dxf)

I once tried to export Alibre drawings to dwg, dxf. Dimension exports have always been bad or very bad. In my opinion, Alibre cannot export dimensions to dxf, dwg. Using different formats won't help. There is one way to get good looking dwg, dxf drawings. You must export an Alibre drawing...
  3. R

Maintenance and Alibre V24 and V24.1 V24.2 ... software versions?

My maintenance ends on December 25th. And I'm not going to continue it, I'm slowly finishing my professional activity. Now I have installed V24. If in the new year there are versions V24.1 V24.2… that will correct V24 errors, will I be able to install them despite the lack of maintenance?
  4. R

Dimensions turns red

This is extremely frustrating. I have no patience to insert dimensions again. I mark these dimensions and change the color to the dimensions color. I cannot say when and with what operations Alibre changes its dimensions to red.
  5. R

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

1980 x 1080 @100% (2x 27"monitor)
  6. R

Sketch mode font size

You showed it very well. That's what it's all about.
  7. R

Line end release in Sketching

I had trouble with it too and just deleted the line. Or maybe after 9 years a handbook will be published ?
  8. R

2D WorkSpace Scale Questions

You can make it in the drawing. Right click on the arrow and select the highlighted option
  9. R

rotating a feature...What "surfacing Tab"?

For me, modeling a part or assembly is only a stage of work. The end of work is always a drawing. In the drawing you can rotate the part as you want. The orientation of the axes in the model never matters to me.
  10. R

How to make a rib?

Yes, I know it and I do it. I put it into the assembly as a separate part and connect it with relations. What I wanted to say is that Catia and SoliWorks' rib modeling is nothing special. At Alibre, it's also easy to do.
  11. R

How to make a rib?

This drawn rib is unlike a real technical rib. Should be modeled as a separate element, unless it is a cast. I show a drawing of what a rib should look like. Can this also be easily done in Catia and SolidWorks?
  12. R

How to read mass? [fixed]

Max thanks you. After the last correction, it seems that the mass count is correct.
  13. R

Monitors ??

Perhaps you are right. I never had 32 ". My first monitor had a 14" analog CRT, meaning the image was no more than 12 ". Every next one was bigger and I would never go back to a smaller one. I was thinking of buying 32" but that would be twice as expensive. That's why I bought another one of the...
  14. R

Monitors ??

I like IIYAMA monitors. They have a zero bad pixel guarantee. I had the ProLite X2783HSU. I bought a second one of the same for about 150 £. Working on two monitors is great. In my opinion, better 2x27 "than 1x32". More space for less money.
  15. R

The problem is in adding up the weight of the imported stp files. The stp element shows the correct mass after assigning the material. The error appears in summing this mass in an assembly.
  16. R

It is better, but still very large mass summation error. The mass of the assembly, read from the model - 2205 kg. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
  17. R

Indeed, when I split it into individual elements and transferred the data to OpenOffice, I was able to count the mass. Now the table has 140 rows and it cannot stay that way. But I calculated the mass - thanks for the advice. In BoM I will have to remove the mass column. So the mass of the...
  18. R

Thank you for trying to help. I don't know what "summary mode" is or how to turn it on. Or maybe I have it turned on?
  19. R

Unfortunately, BoM is also showing very bad results. So the problem is still there.