What's new

Search results

1. E

[V21 SP1] Shaded and Draft Views in 2D Drawing not rendering - RESOLVED

Publish to PDF. I'm using the built-in PDF writer. That's what we've had the best results with. I also switched the view to both shaded and standard and it exported fine in both cases but it just doesn't show up on the PDF if it's draft. Edit: As a side-note, the standard view showing hidden...
  2. E

[V21 SP1] Shaded and Draft Views in 2D Drawing not rendering - RESOLVED

Maybe this should be on a new thread but I'm having a similar issue except the draft view isn't exporting when I export to PDF. Any thoughts?
  3. E

2D Drawing - Dual dimensions - Dimension override

Yes, I agree, generally you want the design dimension to be the same as what's shown in the drawing. I'm really not sure why the drawing I'm being asked to make requires a non-symmetrical tolerance, but it does. If I adjust the dimension, it messes with other dimensions so that's not a great...
  4. E

2D Drawing - Dual dimensions - Dimension override

In a 2D drawing, I'm displaying all measurements with dual dimensions (mm & in). When I set a tolerance on the primary, it is properly converted to the tolerance on the alternate dimension. However, if I override the dimension value, it does not get converted in the alternate dimension. For...
  5. E

PDFs and fonts

Have there been any updates on this? We're having this problem at my company as well. Edit: Yes the problem is fixed in Alibre Design V22
  6. E

Difficulty creating a simple loft

Thanks again for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean with construction entities vs sketch geometry. Is it because I used "project to sketch" and have the lines "maintain association to source entity"? Never mind; I realized that the lines in the sketch were projected as reference lines...
  7. E

So, I created the 3D drawings separately and I still can't duplicate your result. Here's the reason it's giving why.
  8. E

Ah so the individual sketches are what I was missing. Thanks a ton. There's not a whole lot of help in this area in the Alibre help files.
  9. E

I want to create a loft from a rectangular surface with rounded corners to an "obround shape" directly above it. The only way I can even get it to create a loft is with the following options: Note that it doesn't matter if "simplify surface" is checked or not. Here's the twisted result I'm...
  10. E

New here (and spur gear constraint)

It's great to see that there is a constraint capability to run round gears. However, I have a drawing where I need to constrain two linear gears to a round one (like how an expandable dining room table works). Is there a way to do this in Alibre? If not, I was wondering if there's a...
  11. E

Lofting a rounded rectangle to an oval

Wow. Thanks a ton! I could have sworn that I tried that but I think I only tried it when Specify Tangent was checked on one or both of the sketches. Edit (follow-up): Now that you got it working for me, it doesn't appear to make a difference whether Simplify surface is checked or not. I...
  12. E

Sorry, I mean obround.
  13. E

I'm having trouble getting a nice loft from a rounded rectangle to an oval shape. I tried this earlier with a rounded square to a circle and it worked perfect. I've tried the various options letting Alibre create the loft from the surface to the sketch but the edges won't turn out right. I...