What's new

Search results

1. M00m137

Labels, decals, and how to bring image in a drawing to the top?

Hi all, Representing parts with labels on in Alibre is a bit of a pain. Can anyone suggest a method? I tried using the "Sheets and Views ->Image" to superimpose the artwork over the part view - nasty, but it works... oh, except it doesn't because the artwork sits BEHIND the part view! Makes...
  2. M00m137

showing bulk items in a BoM

Presumably this is not best practice, otherwise it would be easy, but I'd like to include bulk items (glue, paint, etc.) in the BoM. I've tried putting it into the model as an empty assembly (i.e. there is an empty sub-assembly in the model called "loctite sdfkljjlk", with the appropriate...
  3. M00m137

Can't insert existing BoM into Assembly drawing

Apologies if this is answered somewhere, but... I have an assembly of maybe 25 parts. I've already created a BoM for it in Alibre, and now I'm putting the assembly drawing together... but I can't insert the existing BoM into the assembly drawing. I click on "Insert BoM", go through the dialogue...
  4. M00m137

ISO 1302 and waviness

Hi all, For some benighted reason I find myself needing to specify waviness. Alibre's version of the surface roughness symbol won't let me put it in. I think ISO 1302:2002 should allow it? Which version of ISO1302 is Alibre implementing? This is the sort of thing I think I want...
  5. M00m137

How to get rid of trailing lines on dimensions

Hi all, This is probably stupidly simple, but I can't find it. I've got my dimension text sitting on top of my dimension arrows (text placement: Parallel Above), and it seems like the line lengths do not behave as I would expect. My main concern right now is I get weird trailing lines when I...
  6. M00m137

Drilled holes not changing with configuration

Hi all, I have two configurations of a part. It's basically a flat plate with some through holes (generally Extrusions) and blind holes (generally drilled Holes because I want the right profile at the bottom). In my two configurations, I have slightly different diameters on some of the through...
  7. M00m137

Spherical tolerancing

This is quite arcane, I admit, but... I'm trying to tolerance a spherical sheet metal part with some cutouts. It seems that ASME Y14 (I should be using ISO, but google hasn't told me what ISO says about this situation yet) allows the use of circularity tolerance, but with an SØ instead of just...