What's new

Search results

1. A

IGES Export

You maybe already aware of this, but a work-around could be to export the assembly as a SAT file, import that back into Alibre, then re-export as an IGES file. However, for some reason when I open the IGES file in Alibre it has parts missing, but not when I open it with another CAD program.
  2. A

Drawings: Centermark - is there an easier way?

Can't see a way of just adding the mark first. But if you double click on the centermark, a box called 'CenterLine Properties' will appear where you can change the style from 'Lines' to 'Marks'. Saves you from the dragging lines method.
  3. A

Delete buttons

I press the shortcut key I use for the Measure Tool again ('M' for me).
  4. A

How can I make this look right...

This won't be perfectly accurate, but I 'fake it' by patterning one-turn helical cuts about the turn axis (only possible if it's radial) of the sweep. Keyshot does a pretty good job at covering the disjoints and seams: -
  5. A

Flexible bellows - how to..?

Am I missing something here? Can't you just click on the bend portion and then click on insert axis, to insert the bend axis? That's how I do it, or are you doing something more complex?
  6. A

Lofting intersecting planes

I can get the loft to not fail by making sure the two profile sketches do not coincide at the z-axis (maybe you've already tried that): - The vertical edge of one profile is offset from the axis by a tiny amount in the above image. Not exactly what you're after. Maybe it's something to do...
  7. A

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

1920 x 1200 @ 100%
  8. A

Spiral groove in curved surface

That's very smart, adding a temporary helical feature to create a spiral vertex to use as a reference line. Nice one, can use that technique on other problems.
  9. A

Feedback requested - Ribbon / Toolbar / Menu and UI consolidation

Maybe replacing OK at the bottom of the dialog box with two buttons: 'Add' and 'Remove'? or 'OK-Add' and 'OK-Remove'. Less clicks, one dialog for each type of feature.
  10. A

Feedback requested - Ribbon / Toolbar / Menu and UI consolidation

Anything that increases the amount of clicks I have to make to create features is a no from me. It looks like 'remove' is the secondary option (naturally), but there's a quite a lot parts I model that are 90% 'remove' features and only 10% 'add', so it will just result in more repetitive actions...
  11. A

Need some feedback on realtime preview

The <#> have been useful when I'm deleting entities from the list for features like fillet or sheet metal edges. It was hit and miss but still better than no unique identifiers at all. If you're going to implement visual cues/ highlights on the model when selecting entities, then I can't see a...
  12. A

How to unconstrain from origin???

Nice, that's a useful feature I didn't know. However, while it worked by ctrl-dragging the node for circles, I needed to ctrl-drag the outer lines to move the constrained obround. Is this the case for you?
  13. A

[fix target: v23]Does V22 split every single surface when you pass a model through to Keyshot now?

Is there a way to disable the surface splitting when exporting to Keyshot? The 'Rounded Edges' feature in Keyshot won't work if a model is split into seperate surfaces, at least for me.
  14. A

Measure Tool Not Recognising Cosmetic Threads

Is this happening for anyone else? With the 'Threads' option on 'Texture' or 'Color' the internal faces of threaded holes can't be selected in the Measure Tool interface. The threaded hole faces can be selected on the 'None' option with no cosmetic threads visible.
  15. A

v23 - Request Thread

1. Show all hidden components – a button or shortcut key, extremely useful for me. 2. Show part in explorer with click on model part – is currently a command in right button click menu, would be great if happens on click or even middle mouse button click. 3. Item in selection box indicated on...
  16. A

V21 constraints - how to determine which part moves.

I may be mistaken but from what I've witnessed if a part has more contraints than the other part it will remain stationary. Also, if the parts have the same number of contraints, the part added to the assembly later will move. Is this the case for you? Edit 2 - This doesn't look it's the case...
  17. A

Constraint Dialog wishlist

Currently, when I type an offset value into the box and press enter, nothing happens. The part does not move. I have to click on the constraint type again for it move or click on 'reverse' twice. Clicking on the up and down arrows moves it, but only increments above and below zero (not the...
  18. A

What cpu for Alibre Design?

In my limited knowledge, I think there's a useful Single Thread Performance graph on cpubenchmark.net (can't seem to post the link - spam?) I can't vouch for its relevance to Alibre, but I'm going to base my next CPU purchase on it. It gives a price/performance ratio too, if you're on a budget.
  19. A

Wishlist?

My most sought after feature is a 'Show All' command in assemblies. I'm imagining it would appear with a right click on the assembly name at the top of the Design Explorer (together with Edit Part/Subassembly, Colour Properties etc). I can't seem to find a command that does this. It would save...
  20. A

Wishlist?

I agree. Similarly, with an assembly open it would be great if we were able to open a table listing all the constituent parts, showing their material (and/or other part properties). This makes the assembly weight calculation in Physical Properties more trustworthy. The table would highlight...