What's new

Search results

1. papajoe41

Repeating elements

Hi Guys, I have a drawing that I need to repeat multiple elements of the same feature. Is there a way to draw out one element and repeat the same element multiple times. Sort of making a drawing of a certain sized rectangle and then being able to use that as an element to be repeated multiple...
  2. papajoe41

Trying to get new version activated.

Purchased new version and upgraded my Maintenance. How do I get the program now?
  3. papajoe41

Trying to get new version activated.

Hi, I just upgraded to the latest version. It told me that I have to renew my maintenance agreement first; but, I cannot get on to the website to do that. Forgot my user ID. What can I do to get on to the website? papajoe41
  4. papajoe41

Scaling a drawing.

I am working on a drawing that needs to be scaled. My actual piece is 40" wide and I need to put it on a 8.5' x 11" sheet of paper. Papajoe41
  5. papajoe41

Drawing with visible dimensions.

Hi there, I have been using Alibre Design for a while now and enjoying what it can do. But, there is one thing that is bothering me. When I make a new part and put dimensions on it, why do the dimensions disappear, when saving the part. Once the part is saved, when I call it back up, the...
  6. papajoe41

Will not extrude.

That is interesting. When I made the slot, I had a square end and then added the center of the slot and used that to put a circle on the end. I watched for the tangent sign when adding the circle, I guess both sides did not show the tangent symbol. So, I can add the circle and then just put a...
  7. papajoe41

Will not extrude.

Whoops no screen Capture
  8. papajoe41

Will not extrude.

I have designed that piece as a fixture. The center is a 'cutout' section in the unit. It will not extrude. I want it to be .250" thick. When I tried it-I got a message about a 'boss'. It has passed analysis. Why? Papajoe41
  9. papajoe41

Putting on part on top of another.

Hi there, I am designing a fixture that attaches to the top of another part. The semicircular part will sit on top of the circular part. I do not want to 'insert' , as seen, the 'semicircular' part inside the circle ; but, place it on top of the circular part. How do I do that? Is there a way...
  10. papajoe41

Just a dot.

Is there anyway to just put a dot as a reference point? When I draw a shape and extrude it, some times, I would like to just put a point/dot on the corner of the box, to use as reference. for measuring. Papajoe41
  11. papajoe41

Working in Detailed Drawing Section

While working in the drawing section and using Layers. When I am working in a 'dimension' layer, I draw a circle and then use the dimension tab to add the dimensions. Why do the dimensions all disappear? Shouldn't all the dimensions be visible when I choose to make that layer 'active'? Thanks...
  12. papajoe41

Saving new part.

Hi, I go into 'make a new part' and design a unit on which I put dimensions. Is there a way to save that drawing with dimensions on it, besides just printing it out? Right now, the only way to save is to put it in a AD_PRT. I can call up that part; but, I have to use 'edit' to see the...
  13. papajoe41

Rotating view

Hi, I have designed and extruded this shape. I have tried all the views and this is the closest that I can get to seeing this part. What I would like to do, is rotate the view so that the vertical part would be horizontal. Why? I need to do some detail work on the face and would find it easier...
  14. papajoe41

View Rotation

Thanks. The details that I need to put on that face are easier to do with it horizontal. Its normal position is OK. Papajoe41
  15. papajoe41

View Rotation

Hi, I am trying to rotate a view so I can work on the face. It is a 3" x 1 1/2" right angle piece that has been extruded out to 34". What I would like to do is work on the surface of the 3" side. I have tried to rotate it using the standard views. It always comes out as a vertical form. What I...
  16. papajoe41

Adding Notes to drawings

HI, How do I add text to a drawing, Explaining some of the parts?
  17. papajoe41

Multiple units

Hi, I want to draw a part that uses multiple elements in its design. How do I draw a 'reference' box and then reproduce it as many times as I need it? Thanks, Papajoe41
  18. papajoe41

Rotating drawing

Hi, Is there a way to rotate the drawing 90 deg.? presently facing east, would like facing north. Thanks, Joe
  19. papajoe41

Copying features

Hi, In one of my past threads, I was told that I could create on feature and copy it in other places. How do I do that. Thanks, Papajoe41
  20. papajoe41

Filet

I am trying to add a .093" filet to the corners of the circle and side. It seems that the program will only add a .500" radius. Why