What's new

Search results

1. E

Blocked constraints

The Lock constraint is my favorite way to make objects completely defined. I think I will have to change my ways.
  2. E

Blocked constraints

Thanks, Harold. That worked. To me it's very bizarre that a Locked constraint can cause constraints to fail anywhere on the drawing, even with parts not at all associated with the constraint. Is there any rhyme or reason to that?
  3. E

Blocked constraints

This has happened to me more than once. Somehow I get a sketch into a state that it no longer allows constraints. For example, in sketch 3 of the attached file if I draw a circle and a line anywhere in the sketch and try to constrain them with a tangent or midpoint constraint I get an error...
  4. E

What gets extruded?

@HaroldL Indeed the walls were extruded as you are saying they should have. I think the island-water concept explains it. It appears that Allibre starts from the outside and works inward with the extrusion process. I did as WillB suggested and made the outside lines reference lines and the...
  5. E

What gets extruded?

Hi, How does Alibre decide which part of a sketch to extrude? I have a project where I want to make a box with compartments in it. My first approach was to sketch a rectangle and extrude it to the box height. Then I sketched in 3 rectangles to designate the three compartments that I wanted...
  6. E

Magnitude/Position undefined

Thanks guys. Adding some dimensions did the trick. It's tricky business because I had to give the arc a center point and two end points in order to draw it. Yet the arc wasn't defined until I gave a dimension to the center point. A similar thing happened when I replaced the the top side of...
  7. E

Magnitude/Position undefined

I am in 2d sketch and want to make a rectangle with the top side replaced by an arc. I draw the figure by 1. Draw and dimension a rectangle. The lower left corner of the rectangle is at the origin. 2. Draw an arc from the top left corner to the top right corner. 3. Delete the top of the...