What's new

Search results

1. jasonmburns

Importing STL Files

I was wondering how well Alibre imports STL or OBJ files. I want to 3D scan some parts and import them into CAD for reverse engineering and/or modification. My 3D scanner software exports files as STL or OBJ. Thanks
  2. jasonmburns

Physical Threads for Additive Manufacturing

Since we are now able to 3D Print very strong and high precision parts using technologies such as SLA resin printing and SLS nylon powder printing, isn't it time that Alibre add the option for physical threads in the hole tool like many other modern 3D CAD programs? I know there are ways to...
  3. jasonmburns

SpaceMouse Buttons

I have a 3DConnexion Space Mouse that has programmable keys. Three of the keys are for top view, front view, and right view. One key is named fit, which centers the object and makes it fit within the viewing area of the software. Then there are some that rotate the object. When I push the...
  4. jasonmburns

Stream Deck

Is anyone else using an Elgato Stream Deck to automate tasks in Alibre? If so, what are you doing with it?
  5. jasonmburns

Cutting a pattern from an image

Is there a way to cut a pattern into a part from an image?
  6. jasonmburns

Keyboard Shortcuts

Does anyone have a cheat sheet with all the keyboard shortcuts for Alibre in both Sketch and Model modes?
  7. jasonmburns

Weird Error

I tried to open Alibre Design today and I am getting this weird error. I don't understand where the error came from but it only has an Exit button and I cannot do anything. When I click the button, the program closes. I even tried upgrading to the new V23 Beta to see if this would solve my...
  8. jasonmburns

3DConnexion SpaceMouse and CadMouse in Atom3D

While I am in Alibre Atom3D, if I try to edit the SpaceMouse settings which normally detects the software you are in while you are using it and allows you to customize settings exclusively/individually for the software you are using, the software settings are displayed for Windows Explorer...
  9. jasonmburns

In Depth Training

Do you know if Alibre will be putting out more training videos that concentrate on individual tools and features such as Boss, Cut, Geometry, Constraints, Reference, and Sketch tools? I watched all the learning videos on the website, but I would like to see more.