What's new

Search results

1. C

Weird fillet issue

Hello, everyone. I had some trouble applying a .02" fillet to one area of edges, but I cannot repeat this operation on the opposite side. If I pick a single corner, a different edge is filleted. If I select the rectangular area, I get an error message that says the target is no longer available...
  2. C

Section view radius center mark

I know this baffled me, sometime previously, but clicking on section view and right-clicking on its radius brings up a "center" selection but that appears to assume you need a center line, not a center mark for the radius defined by the arc. Can someone explain the "trick"? I tried the "manage...
  3. C

How can I create a curved extrusion of a part face?

I'm trying to loft or sweep a sketch to a part face but have not had any luck. Sweeping my sketch to a geometry target is not allowed, apparently. I also tried to loft two identical sketches with an overhead path (curved line seen in image).This particular situation is something with which I...
  4. C

Revolving a sketch around empty space

I have revolved sketches around cylindrical objects but never around empty space where I cannot simply create an axis. I'm sure there is a way to do this but it's not obvious to me. It would be like creating an o-ring, except the sketch is not as simple. Any advice would be appreciated.
  5. C

Adding revisions to drawing revision block

Is there an easy way to do this: In SW, you right-click within the description row and select "Add revision". It's not very obvious how this is done. Thanks!
  6. C

Parallel constraints in assembly model

This is one of the things that throws me off if I don't use it in a while. In many MCAD programs, you can easily choose to make flat surfaces of separate components in an assembly, parallel by simply selecting this type of constraint (relation). However, Alibre doesn't allow me to easily do this...
  7. C

Center line between 2 edges of part

Creating hole centerlines is easy but I'm trying to create a vertical center line for a view in a drawing and cannot locate how to do this. Can anyone provide a tip? Thanks.
  8. C

Countersunk holes in sheet metal

I can easily add size-specified holes but can the hole wizard allow you to select clearance holes for a certain screw size? Or is this something that you have to manually look up? Thanks.
  9. C

getting back to assembly mode after editing component

This is probably a silly question but after you are finished editing a component in an assembly, how do you get back to the assembly mode? I haven't used Alibre in over 6 years so pardon my forgetfulness. Thanks