What's new

Search results

1. gwbruce

Alibre Design - Modeling with a Twist

Great video Harold. You never fail to teach me something. Thanks.
  2. gwbruce

Too Tall Toby Leaderboard

GG to Airwick. I'll have to try and watch the replay tonight. Dang work got in the way and couldn't watch it during the day.
  3. gwbruce

10 Black Belt Moves in Alibre!

Another great video. A great refresher and of course I learned some new things. That Ty-tab move was awesome. I saw his video for the spring open but I missed that move. Thanks for point it out. Keep them coming.
  4. gwbruce

@Ex Machina it was a good run. You were doing great. Imants is a tough competitor and really fast on Onshape. You did us all proud. Get well my friend.
  5. gwbruce

We are all pulling for you Konstantinos. What ever the outcome you have made us all proud and shown the world the power of Alibre. All of you guys using Alibre with the guts to compete are winners in my book.
  6. gwbruce

Opening an old part re-writes file, even when closing without saving

I was told a looong time ago by a very wise computer guru to never use spaces in a file or folder name. I always use an underscore or hyphen to separate words in file names or folder names.
  7. gwbruce

Dimension a DIA on a detail view

Have you tried using a Foreshortened dimension. I can't remember exactly how they work in Alibre as I haven't used one in a while.
  8. gwbruce

@Weekdayweekend did you ask Toby abut the ranking on the practice leaderboard?
  9. gwbruce

Way to go @Ex Machina . You are a beast. You made us proud. Showed the world what Alibre can do. GG
  10. gwbruce

Ok, it's almost time. @Ex Machina you got to stay calm and make sure you breath and just stay focused.. You got this. Ty did a great job and I know you will too. You guys are making us Alibre users proud.
  11. gwbruce

I hear ya. Not having 2 screens can be a real draw back. Broke down about a year ago and got me a second monitor to go along with my laptop. Sure glad I did. I got used to having two screens at work and just couldn't do without it at home too. LOL!! Yes I too am looking forward to tomorrow...
  12. gwbruce

@Stu3d you will find that in some of the TTT prints there are "missing" dimensions. They really aren't missing the feature usually depends on another feature to be placed first then the next feature will be able to be modeled. The more you do the better you get. To me it is a lot like sight...
  13. gwbruce

Konstantinos you know I'm wishing you the best of luck. I will be watching as long as I can. Just wish I could see it on a bigger screen than my phone, but hey at least I get to watch. Just remember to stay calm and breath. You got this.
  14. gwbruce

@HaroldL it looks like you jumped a couple of places ahead of me in the TTT practice drawing leaderboard. WooHoo!!! Getting them Alibre users up there.
  15. gwbruce

Harold, 103 grams is the correct mass. Good job. Hey Harold, it looks like you pulled off an Ivan Exploit. You have the ribs rotated 90 degrees from what is shown on the print. Mass comes out the same thought. LOL!!!
  16. gwbruce

Did anyone notice that on Too Tall Toby's Practice Model Leaderboard that 3 of the top 5 users to complete all 18 models are Alibre users. Heck yeah, go Alibre.
  17. gwbruce

Man it was close. Dom and Ty came in with answers just milliseconds apart. Ty did a great job.
  18. gwbruce

It's Wednesday and time for round 2 of the TTT Spring Open. Today is the first appearance of Alibre in the tournament. Lets all send positive vibes to Ty and wish him well. Fingers cross that nerves don't get the best of him. hey Ty, just breath and stay calm. You got this.
  19. gwbruce

I didn't do the thumb lever as sheet metal. I seem to remember there are a couple of trick to getting things right but it isn't impossible.
  20. gwbruce

How to Excel in Alibre! Connecting spreadsheets to part parameters

Awesome video. Hopefully one day I will need this power. Keep them coming Konstantinos