What's new

Search results

1. w3Leon

How do I create this type of constraint

Hi David, Thanks for the advice about “Maintain Association” and I did not select that for this next experiment. I think I found a method that might work for future design needs. (see screen capture) FYI...the STEP file model is Suppressed. What I did was: 1-Create a sketch, 2- Project the face...
  2. w3Leon

Thanks Harold. That link has some very good information and I've bookmarked it into my notes folder. However, I don't see that "line/arrow" symbol and I don't know what it means or how to apply it to a design that I create in Alibre. Can you offer and additional advice? Thanks Walt
  3. w3Leon

Hello All, I received a STEP file from a person that wants it cut on my laser cutter. When I opened the file in my Alibre Design v26 it is full constrained with small "line/arrow" constraints (see attached file). With luck, I will be making more parts with this type of interlocking fingers and...
  4. w3Leon

Need best method for creating a dome and sphere

I saw that AFTER I created the ellipse quadrant the long multi-step way....lol Thanks, I'll start using this creation feature more. Walt
  5. w3Leon

I just the decorative dome looking items using the Ellipse drawing tool, then Trim to obtain one quadrant of the ellipse, followed by Revolve around the axis. The final steps were using Mirror to create a 2nd dome, then Mirror again to duplicate both domes on the opposite side. Thanks, Walt
  6. w3Leon

Thanks for the quickness and the example. I was figuring that was the only method within this software. Have a good weekend, Walt
  7. w3Leon

Hello All, I'm using Alibre Design V26 and I'm trying to figure out the best method for creating small dome solid shapes (example: rivet heads, screw heads, etc.), and creating half spheres. I don't see any obvious choices in Design V26, so what method do most users use for creating this type...
  8. w3Leon

Can the Background be changed?

That worked!!! Thanks!
  9. w3Leon

Can the Background be changed?

Hello All, I would like to know if the background can be changed in Alibre Design V26? I often use screen captures converted to .PNG format to communicate concepts. This blueish shaded background that's default in Alibre Design V26 make it very difficult to change that area to transparent. Is...
  10. w3Leon

What is best practice for standard fastener hardware?

THANKS!! This is very good to know. It looks like the default is metric, so I'll play with this feature to see if I can get NF & NC sizes. Have fun creating, Walt
  11. w3Leon

What is best practice for standard fastener hardware?

Hello All. I’m looking for and advice or help with fasteners and standard hardware models (ie. screws, nuts washers). I’ve been using downloaded STP models of bolts, but I’m finding that a 528KB STP bolt model can result in a 1.15MB Alibre PRT file. Therefore, I would like to know if there’s a...
  12. w3Leon

Need dimensions on reduced scaled views

WOW David, you sent me on a steep learning curve with that response. I started off being lost about "Configurations", I've never used that feature. I kept trying what you were saying and the part image on the screen was changing, but I was expecting to see a copy image. After some frustration...
  13. w3Leon

Thanks DavidJ, I just completed several experiments with the "Scale/Mirror Part" command. It appears that "Scale/Mirror Part" will reduce (or increase) the part that has been created and it also changes the original part. Therefore, I tried experimenting with making two copies of the part...
  14. w3Leon

Hello All, I'm looking for some help/advice with dimensions on a reduced scaled view on a 2D drawing. I make miniature reproduction items and some of my customers like to see comparative the dimensions of various reduced scales. My typical drawing format scales are Full, 1/3 and 1/4 on the...
  15. w3Leon

How do I create a Storage Box Assembly??

WONDERFUL!!!!! Thanks so much for the really good details and explanations. I followed your advice and worked on the assembly this morning and I created a Left Side Panel and a Lower Panel (see attached screen capture). Theses two new Parts are just for learning at this time, I'll create...
  16. w3Leon

How do I create a Storage Box Assembly??

Hello All. I’m a new user of Alibre Design and I want to create a wooden storage box for the Tormach Granite Surface Block. I’ve already created the 3D model of the granite block and now I need to start creating all the sides of the storage box. I’ve tried creating a new assembly, then I bring...
  17. w3Leon

How to change & set Views?

Very helpful THANKS! I created a custom TOP VIEW YX and FRONT VIEW ZX using your method and this is working. I think Alibre should work this issue into one of the future improvements. Thanks Walt.
  18. w3Leon

How to change & set Views?

Hello, I'm a new user/owner of Alibre Design Expert V25 and I need help with changing the View settings (if possible). The current default has the Front View as looking toward XY-Plane and the Top View is looking toward ZX-Plane. I would like to have my Front View looking toward ZX-Plane, Top...
  19. w3Leon

Looking for best method of creating Slotted Holes

Thanks for the response. Looks like I need to learn more about using the Equation Editor.
  20. w3Leon

Looking for best method of creating Slotted Holes

Hello All, I'm a new user of Atom 3D v24 (I've used TurboCAD for over 12 years) and I'm looking for help with Slotted Holes. I cannot find a Menu Feature in v24 for quickly creating slots. I'm thinking that I will have to create slot sketches from scratch each time I need a slotted hole. Does...