What's new

Search results

1. Ken226

Error saving .stp file?

I've been trying to save this .stp assembly for a couple days now, with no luck. I've saved this file before, successfully when I was using V25, but for some reason V26 isn't able to do it. Anyone seen this error before:
  2. Ken226

What is this Windows 11 "feature" called, and how do I turn it off?

I don't even know what this feature is called so I can search for the method to deactivate it. Every time a drag a window anywhere near the top of the screen, this thing pops up. Its driving me nuts, and I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off. The little popout with the various...
  3. Ken226

Could someone open up this file? It's behaving oddly.

It opens but there are no default planes. When I try to edit anything or create a sketch, the entire model disappears. I'm trying to determine if theres a problem with my installation of Alibre, or if the problem is with the part file.
  4. Ken226

Alibre Design Cambam Plugin?

I found some old threads both here and on the Cambam forum about an old add-on/plugin. I tried to install the add-on using info from this old Cambam forum thread, but as expected nothing works since this stuff is from around 2011-2012 ish. Modifying this stuff to work with V25 is way over my...
  5. Ken226

Lenovo laptop memory upgrade?

My primary Alibre computer these days is a Lenovo 3-15itl6 IdeaPad laptop. It has a core i5-1135g7 cpu (2.4ghz w Turboboost to 4.2ghz), 12gb of ram and integrated Iris XE graphics. The laptop runs Alibre v25sp1 quite well. Surprising, even quite a bit smoother and faster that my desktop PC...
  6. Ken226

Help with custom drawing template and .dxf export. (Resolved).

I've found workarounds for this problem, so it's not an emergency or anything but I would like to get it figured out so I can correct it. When I use the default drawing template, everything works as expected. The default template: exports to .dxf, then opened in my cam software...
  7. Ken226

Odd assembly behavior?

A video is probably easier for describing this behavior than text. Anyone seen this before? Is this something simple that I am overlooking, or some kind of bug?
  8. Ken226

Large Assembly losing constraints, temporarily.

I've been having this issue alot lately with an assembly. I click on a face or edge, and the assembly comes apart, leaving various parts and moving other parts. The constraints in the design tree all show to be active and good, with no errors. If I save the file, the close it and reopen...
  9. Ken226

In the assembly workspace, accidentally click "new part"?

So, sometimes my hands are moving faster than i can process information and i accidentally click "new part" instead of the intended "insert design". How do I exit the "new part" workspace withough having to create a new part. I have a half dozen blank new parts than i have to keep going back...
  10. Ken226

Trying to create a radial array of threaded holes in a cylindrical part?

First I tried by creating the holes via extrude cut, then using the hole tool for the threads and constraining the threaded holes to the undersized extrude cut holes. The threads don't appear regardless of what I try, or regardless of how much bigger the hole tool's hole is than the original...
  11. Ken226

Drawing hatch infill doesn't like some shapes?

Is there a solution for this? Is it a bug, or something I'm going to have to accept as normal?
  12. Ken226

Best quality trackball mouse?

I've been trying out different pointing devices by buying some cheap, used stuff on eBay, that I don't mind throwing away if I don't like it. lately, and am getting along pretty well with the trackballs. My favorite so far is a Logitech M570. Since the hand remains stationary, it works will...
  13. Ken226

I hate the hole tool.

Am I the only one who thinks the hole tool is pretty bad? I try to avoid having to use it. It makes my PC run sluggishly, and it requires too much work to do the simplest things. An example: So, I want to transfer a screw hole pattern of about 30 holes from one part to another. I open part...
  14. Ken226

Is this a bug, or do I need to adjust my thinking about gear ratio constraints?

Sprocket 1 is the 60 tooth camshaft sprocket and gear 2 is the 30 tooth crankshaft sprocket. Logically, I should be setting gear #1 (60t) to .5 rotations for each rotation of gear 2 (30t). But, when I set it that way, the camshaft sprocket rotates twice per crankshaft rotation. To get the...
  15. Ken226

Assembly ellipsoidal face tangency contstraint? Cam lobes.

I can't find a function for constraining the face of a camshaft eccentric tangent to the face of another part. Anyone know of any workarounds for this? I can constrain the roller to the lobe, but it will only follow the radius of the portion of the lobe I selected when i constrained it. It...
  16. Ken226

Moving sketch figure?

Sometimes this works fine, and sometimes it doesn't. I pasted this sketch figure from another part file, and now want to move to move it so that it is centered on the origin. I have deleted all visible constraint symbols but still get this error when i try to move it.
  17. Ken226

View cube disappears?

I've been tolerating it for a long time, but it's starting to drive me nuts. Occasionally when I switch from one workspace to another, then back, the view cube disappears. For example, I'm working in the modeling workspace, then switch to the "Inspect" workspace for a minute. When I go back...
  18. Ken226

Internal hole threading tool does nothing?

There are some pretty knowledgeable folks here, so I'm hoping one of them may have a solution. I'm making a few assumptions here, which could be flat out wrong. Correct me if so. I'm assuming that the reason my hole threading button in the "view" tab and in 2d drawings doesn't work is because...
  19. Ken226

Rifle QD Muzzlebrake and Suppressor project tutorial.

From start to finish. Mostly. This is intended for those who are just starting out in solid modeling. Revolve is one of the most useful tools, so there are lots of them in here. I was aiming for intuitive and simple, so there are a ton of things in here that could be done easier, using more...
  20. Ken226

A beginners walk-through on creating planes in Alibre.

This is created with simplicity In mind and meant to help Alibre beginners. Sometimes you need something a little more complex that just an offset plane Sorry bout the sniffling. My job keeps me in a constant state of sick.