What's new

Search results

1. Konradjustimagine

***SOLVED*** Sheet Metal Loft - Small Rectangle to Large Circle

Ah, figured it out. My corner radius on the rectangular section was too small apparently; 1/16" was too small but 3/32" is just peachy o_O I wish the error messaging system was a little better at describing what the actual error is. Thanks to much for the help and resources everyone!
  2. Konradjustimagine

Hmm curious that that works. Can you spot what I'm doing wrong here: The only difference I can see is that I'm using inches instead of millimeters. When I click OK I get this error message which isn't very helpful at all:
  3. Konradjustimagine

Something like this is what I was imagining:
  4. Konradjustimagine

Hello Everyone! I'm in the midst of replacing the dust port on my portable table saw. I originally I was thinking of creating a pattern in the sheet metal workspace that I could piece together with some sheet metal or ABS, now I'm likely going to hot form some ABS plumbing fitting to do the...
  5. Konradjustimagine

Naming Equations *Solved*

Fantastic!
  6. Konradjustimagine

Thanks Harold, This does seem faster and also has a better workflow! Side note: What options do you have turned on to get your dimension to appear right after drawing the rectangle? And also shows the equation names?
  7. Konradjustimagine

Thanks Nate, I do see the f(x) button when using tools like dimension however it doesn't seem universal to all tools. Also it seems to just opens the equation editor where I am accustom to renaming my variables currently. I was hoping for a shortcut for naming each length of the rectangle...
  8. Konradjustimagine

Does anyone know if there is a way to name an equation/variable during the drawing/extruding process? **Using Alibre Expert V25** Lets say I draw a rectangle, [20"] x [30"]. In the equation editor these values typically would be named D1 and D2. Is there a way to input something like...
  9. Konradjustimagine

Splitting Solids? - **Solved**

Hello David, Thanks for providing these solutions! I just tried using Option1 with great success and speed: Options 2 & 3 are similar in function to Harold's solution but go about it quite differently. Thanks so much for your help on this topic! It is amazing to see the creative and...
  10. Konradjustimagine

Hello Harold, Thanks for the response. I like your reference geometry method quite a bit and can see myself using it for several applications provided the task is simple enough. I haven't utilized a SAVE AS workflow yet but I can really see some time saving opportunities from using one. It...
  11. Konradjustimagine

Hello wsimonton, I tried your method, or at least attempted it. When I use the precise section view it seems like I can only divide the part from one side/one division. The images above used planes spaced 3/4" apart, the first slice is correct but the subsequent slices include too much of...
  12. Konradjustimagine

Hello Everyone, I am working on a practice project and need some guidance. Basically, I am trying to fully model a part, then create layered slices of that part which can be laid out onto sheet-good materials for CNC routing. Intuitively, I want to create an array of planes spaced one...
  13. Konradjustimagine

Possible to create collision-style constraints? **Solved**

I found it. It was hiding in Offset constraints, which now thinking about it makes perfect sense. Oh the joys of learning new software. (edit: it seems I won't be able to constrain the pin due to conflicting/intersecting constraint rules) (What a mess) Thank you so much Harold! Its pretty...
  14. Konradjustimagine

Oh boy.. well maybe I'm blind. I don't know where this function is in Design V24
  15. Konradjustimagine

Found this: Was this ever implemented?
  16. Konradjustimagine

Hello Everyone, I am working on a push/pull latch that operates with a track and pin. I am just wondering if it is possible to create some sort of constraint bounding-box type of affair that will keep the pin withing a pair of faces. From the research I've done so far this is looking like a...
  17. Konradjustimagine

Using Counts within Formula? **Solved**

Thanks for the link Ralf, very helpful information regarding int(x) functionality and its quirks. Knowing more about how Alibre handles this function will save much confusion down the road! Happy Holidays!
  18. Konradjustimagine

Thanks David, this is essentially what I meant in the original post about when I mentioned creating a new Global Parameter for this specific purpose. Too bad there isn't a simpler way to define a count values. Oh well. Happy holidays!
  19. Konradjustimagine

Hello Everyone, Happy New Year! Wishing everyone the very best for 2022! I am creating some formulas in a design I'm working on and I am having an issue adding a non-measurement (count) integer into my equation (They always get converted into an inch value). As an example...
  20. Konradjustimagine

Open-Source CAM/Gcode/Tool-Path solutions compatible with Alibre for 3axis CNC Router?

I did come across CamBam in the forums here. I looked at it prior to making this thread and I thought it was 2.5 axis software. Looking again after your post I see they say something about Waterline 3d operations. I also looked at the trial version of MeshCam that Alibre bundles with the...