What's new

Search results

1. Konradjustimagine

***SOLVED*** Sheet Metal Loft - Small Rectangle to Large Circle

Hello Everyone! I'm in the midst of replacing the dust port on my portable table saw. I originally I was thinking of creating a pattern in the sheet metal workspace that I could piece together with some sheet metal or ABS, now I'm likely going to hot form some ABS plumbing fitting to do the...
  2. Konradjustimagine

Naming Equations *Solved*

Does anyone know if there is a way to name an equation/variable during the drawing/extruding process? **Using Alibre Expert V25** Lets say I draw a rectangle, [20"] x [30"]. In the equation editor these values typically would be named D1 and D2. Is there a way to input something like...
  3. Konradjustimagine

Splitting Solids? - **Solved**

Hello Everyone, I am working on a practice project and need some guidance. Basically, I am trying to fully model a part, then create layered slices of that part which can be laid out onto sheet-good materials for CNC routing. Intuitively, I want to create an array of planes spaced one...
  4. Konradjustimagine

Possible to create collision-style constraints? **Solved**

Hello Everyone, I am working on a push/pull latch that operates with a track and pin. I am just wondering if it is possible to create some sort of constraint bounding-box type of affair that will keep the pin withing a pair of faces. From the research I've done so far this is looking like a...
  5. Konradjustimagine

Using Counts within Formula? **Solved**

Hello Everyone, Happy New Year! Wishing everyone the very best for 2022! I am creating some formulas in a design I'm working on and I am having an issue adding a non-measurement (count) integer into my equation (They always get converted into an inch value). As an example...
  6. Konradjustimagine

Open-Source CAM/Gcode/Tool-Path solutions compatible with Alibre for 3axis CNC Router?

Hello everyone, I'm looking into some possible options for a 3axis CNC router setup compatible with Alibre exportable files and was hoping for some opinions and suggestions. My previous employer was using fusion360 to design and generate Gcode for their Mach3 CNC controller and in all it...
  7. Konradjustimagine

Helix around a Torus? **Solved**

Hello everyone, I've been working on some practice parts recently and just completed a simple hand-wheel with some ribs as part of a book binding press project: This part lead me to wonder how I might approach wrapping a Torus with some type of helical filament. Like this example I found...
  8. Konradjustimagine

**Solved** - Naming New Parts while working within an Assembly

Hello, Just wondering if there is a way to name a new part on its creation within an Assembly rather than during the Save Dialog afterwards. I keep wanting to create multiple new parts in an assembly but fear I wont remember which is which when the save dialog box pops up with new parts 1-10...
  9. Konradjustimagine

Working with configurations

Hello everyone! I have a questions about using Configurations with Global Parameters. (I tried looking at the help website but its down at the moment) For some context I've created a bookshelf; all parts and features within the design have been created from values and formulas based on my...
  10. Konradjustimagine

**Solved** -- Automatically Link Global Parameters?

Hi All, I've just been wondering if there is a way to automatically link new parts created within an assembly to that assembly's global parameters? Or must I manually set up the link every time I create a new part? Thanks!
  11. Konradjustimagine

**Solved** -- Spread Sheets Cut-lists - Alibre Expert v23 (+Board Footage BOM)

I am wondering if anyone has experience generating a cut-list from an assembly and/or exporting multiple part data from an assembly into a spreadsheet. A simple hypothetical example would be a bookshelf. Lets say I've created an assembly for a simple bookshelf: - two panels for top and bottom...
  12. Konradjustimagine

**Solved** -- Assembly Floats Above 'Ground'

Hello, I'm about one week into learning Alibre and I've come across a cosmetic quirk which I'd like to figure out. This issue is when I align my assembly to the XZ-Plane which seems to coincide with the "ground" my assembly ends up floating some 11" when I select the 'ground shadows' option...