What's new

Search results

1. J

Too Tall Toby Leaderboard

We must admit that Kontantinos did well overall, he simply wasn't at its best, being sick. Anyway, I feel he was holding the torch pretty well for Alibre. Oh, and this summer, please don't put too much pressure on yourself for Alibre, you have nothing to proove, you already give so much to our...
  2. J

Too Tall Toby Leaderboard

Hi Konstantinos, I came spot on with the mass. I got 1482.0256 gm when I tried the model. But thank god I'm not competing...I hate the clock and not having a second monitor to display the drawing, going back and forth between the drawing and Alibre is tiresome. Good luck to you for the...
  3. J

Modelling tube with flattened ends

Hi Sacherjj, what you want to do looks like something I tried not so long ago, look below... Make sure that the perimeter of the flatten section is equal or very close to the circumference of the tube section. That's how I was almost able to apply a shell command after the loft. Hope it...
  4. J

schrägen Fläche extrudieren?

Hallo H.Mischler Hier ist meine Sicht auf das Teil, bei dem ein Loft verwendet wird, um die richtige Ebene festzulegen, die zum Extrudieren des geneigten Abschnitts erforderlich ist. Ich hoffe, es hilft, Jocelyn
  5. J

Simple question: How to make the Z axis be up/down

Well, if there is a piece of software that really complements Alibre, it is MOI-3D. It makes difficult geometries (solids or surfaces) become almost fun. Beside, Alibre expert read and convert the 3dm format of MOI, no need to convert to step. I only convert to step when dealing with SPACECLAIM...
  6. J

And I like how DesignSpark Mechanical does it, and also in MOI-3D,
  7. J

At the risk of repeating myself, this asset should be included with the next version of the software (V28). I have asked this in the past.
  8. J

Material Density question

I see what you mean, the displayed density in the physical property window is different from what is selected. But I'm still getting the same resulting mass as shown below. I created another material to protect this library. I will now remove it. Don't know what to think, must an error on...
  9. J

Sorry David, you might want to hold off such a request to Alibre. I just did another sample contest model and did time got the right answer. Obviously something wrong with the previous model. Have a nice day,
  10. J

Hi, had a hard time to sleep over this...;) So after a last revision the mass come out to be: Which is still below the 0.01 lb tolerance of the contest. GWBRUCE, perhaps we need to compare our models to see what the differences are, to get to the bottom of this. Have a nice day,
  11. J

The part density is as entered in the new library created. Or perhaps it is not modeled properly, but I am pretty certain that I did. Anyway, I'm not going to spend an hour on took me 12 minutes to model...LOL.
  12. J

After some quick revision I'm now at 17.44367 Lbm...Still not the same answer as on the contest... Jocelyn
  13. J

Well, I just drawn that contest sample to check and I came up with 17.44181 Lbm. The correct answer on the in the contest is 17.461 Lbs. I had to create a new material library for the plain carbon steel since its not part of Alibre's library. I do wonder what the discrepancy is from, is there a...
  14. J

Default axis orientation seems odd to me.

Ok, you are right, but that also makes AD's orientation convention not correct for everybody. A choice of Z_UP or Y_UP would be really nice and long overdue (enhancement request EN-408). All the other CADs I know and used were giving me a choice, those are the days. ;) I'm not holding my breath...
  15. J

Turn a part into a cutout for CNC?

Well, your caliper model is fine and you should keep it as such. Create another part for the foam part that you want and then boolean cut the caliper from the foam part. If result is too tight just rescale your caliper model to provide some slack in the fit. Hope it helps...
  16. J

Copy to new part drawing

Hi Gordon, you can definitely cut and paste from a sketch to another newly created sketch. Just select everything you need or select everything then CTRL-C to copy. Then from a different part file select a plane and create a new sketch, from there just do a CTRL-V and you should have all that...
  17. J

Bend angles on 2D Drawings On project to flat pattern

Hi Jacques, have you tried disabling the snap to grid option on the sketch? Have a nice day,
  18. J

I created my model with my Y direction up instead of to the left, how to change it?

Hi David, I wonder why such a request is being ridiculed all the time. In my mind such a request is more relevant as an upgrade than just a silly cosmetic ICON redesign of ALIBRE. Hope you understand our point... Have a nice day,
  19. J

I created my model with my Y direction up instead of to the left, how to change it?

Yea, exactly like a feature I asked for a few months ago. We really need Alibre to give us the choice of having Y-UP or Z-UP modeling views. I personnaly find myself confused too easilly with doing things Y-UP (silly me).