What's new

Search results

1. Sascha Uncia

Disable Auto Orientation on Action?

no need to shell them, set the top faces flat against the print bed and enable vase mode with 0mm bottom thickness. The slicer hollows them for you and prints in a single pass per layer. 0.6mm extrusion width recommended. Saves on material and prints in half the time ;p
  2. Sascha Uncia

It's still a WIP and I'm test-printing everything right now for fit. It's essentially a box with crenellated, corrugated, and pocketed sides to increase stiffness. The pieces lock together with rails resembling puzzle pieces. There's a shelled version for more rigidity, and a version that can be...
  3. Sascha Uncia

Right now I am working on a set of modular part / art-supplies organizers that can be 3D printed in Vase Mode. Let me know if your interested, I'd be happy to share a copy once they are finished :) Thanks again
  4. Sascha Uncia

Yeah, it was just the extrusions and things that were driving me crazy :)
  5. Sascha Uncia

Yaaaasss! Thank you, I was looking everywhere for that!
  6. Sascha Uncia

Is there a way to disable the auto orientation when taking an action? For example, orienting to a sketch when editing is useful, but in many cases I try to setup a specific view to see what I'm doing, for example when extruding or cutting a feature. If I try to create or go back to edit such a...
  7. Sascha Uncia

3D Animation out of Alibre

When I need a render of something I made in Alibre I export if for Blender for more control. It's certainly not the easiest solution, but If your willing to learn the basics of a new software package you can get some very good results for a reasonable time investment. If you don't want to mess...
  8. Sascha Uncia

Alibre 2022 Modeling Contest

I just submitted my entry, C.L.O.U.D. [EDIT] Oops! Forgot to zip the About document for the project. Uploaded separately now.
  9. Sascha Uncia

What the!? Did they? I've been crunching to finish mine.
  10. Sascha Uncia

Alibre on M1 Macbook?

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that it's possible to run Alibre on Mac. I'm going to wait a bit for the ecosystem and hardware to mature. Right now 3D rendering is very slow on the M1 chips, but supposedly Apple will be addressing this with later chips. Not to mention ongoing software optimization.
  11. Sascha Uncia

Alibre on M1 Macbook?

No one's tried it to see if it works then? Oh well... I suppose I could just use a monitor switcher when the time comes* :confused: * Probably in a year or so if I can save the money.
  12. Sascha Uncia

Alibre on M1 Macbook?

Has anyone tried running Alibre in parallels on the new M1 Mac systems? I'm doing some research into potential PC upgrades for the near future. One option that caught my interest are the new machines based on Apple silicon. There are rumors M2 might not be too far around the corner and the M1...
  13. Sascha Uncia

3D Printing noob.

Prusa. If you have the money. If your just wanting to try 3D printing and not expecting to use the machine a whole lot, Creality Ender 3v2 is quite good, once calibrated and with an extruder upgrade.
  14. Sascha Uncia

I'm thinking of a cool hard-surface prop modelled in alibre and finished in other software (texturing, backdrop, rendering, etc).
  15. Sascha Uncia

Release: Import SVG Dialog

It may be a simple import dialogue script, but I never would have known about the function otherwise :p I use SVG import a lot, before Alibre it was in blender. Boolean cleanup was always a horror show, Alibre/NURBS are cleaner. Good practice too, trying to use Alibre as much as possible when...
  16. Sascha Uncia

Thank you again @NateLiqGrav ! I've been working in Alibre as much as possible to get used to the interface, and your script has been really useful in making 3D printed pins and plaques.
  17. Sascha Uncia

It's not official, it's a script NateLiqGrav made that uses the API to import an SVG. It looks like the functionality is part of Alibre but there's no built in import dialogue. Download the script and save it in "C:\Users\[USER]\OneDrive\Documents\Alibre Script Library". At least that's where...
  18. Sascha Uncia

Thank you so much! This should be included in Alibre by default. Not even a need to mess around with the drawing workspace. I found one small bug but was able to fix it, some curves import some distance away from the base part. This happens with both the original and the one converted through...
  19. Sascha Uncia

Vector Work in Alibre?

OMG you Wizard! It didn't even need to be converted through the site to work! Alibre should include your script in the default install! :D Thank you!
  20. Sascha Uncia

Vector Work in Alibre?

Where is this script located? I don't see it in Alibre v24