What's new

Search results

1. C

reproducing the mating half

When all is said and done, there will be another ring that is approximately the mirror image of the one that is in my package! I want to be able to mount it on the rotary plate that is on the top of my crawler. It will rotate slowly The purpose is to be able feed air to a number of pneumatic...
  2. C

Assemblies inside assemblies

See the package please!! I was working on the thing and didn't realize that the constraints were hidden. So it let me build what i was trying to build but it was piling up a bunch of RED constraints. At one point it simply wouldn't let me do anything more!! So I just started deleting red...
  3. C

video cards

More on Video Cards Most modern cards made in the last 3-4 years should support DirectX 11. If your card does not support DirectX 11, you can use a compatibility mode but some features will not be available to you. It is strongly recommended to use a graphics card that supports DirectX 11. 4K...
  4. C

When reopening after saving, the bearing shafts lose location and I'm forced to redo the concentric restraints

The top layer is supposed to rotate and does so adequately until I reopen the file because the bearing spuds lose location. Not difficult just annoying??
  5. C

Never used a material feature before. How do I extract the weight from a drawing,

I've told the software that it is making a part of 6061 aluminum! I've really got to control the weight of this thing as it will be crawling up palm trees?? Thaks for any time you spend on this!!! David
  6. C

How do I turn on the function that tells you what Alibre wants next?

Trying to do a revolve that I've done dozens of times before, revovle but nothing else besides the enclosed
  7. C

from the git go file management

David Mahan license key <previously offending license key> highpointsights@gmail.com 480.627.9907 I need some training on file managment. I've really never understood the protocol involved. That fact is now causing me problems in my assembly development! Can someone simply point me...
  8. C

wonky formats in spinner increment..........length

I cannot get Alibre to let me set spinner length!!. I almost never us the spinner. Then when i try to simply size the diameter of a hole i just laid down a .5 inch value gets me a 6 inch diameter hole. I have tried the ususal "reboot" I followed the path that I saw when one of the mods...
  9. C

gear constraints

I've been back and forth with support about getting gear constraints to work. My motion study whirllygig is ready to go except for the fact that I can't get one gear to drive another. To one of the women in support I sent a package file of the entire mechanism. She said she got it to work...
  10. C

Trouble with sketches

with more regularity than i'd like i'm having trouble getting a sketch completely defined. i've got one right now that has two sides that are equal, symetric etc that are orange and i cannot get them black!! Tried dimensioning, adding one constraint or another, (perp, equal, parallel) I've...
  11. C

Importing .iges file gears and making them function

Since i can't cut gears can I import .iges files and make them function iin a motion study? I looked at cutting them using a gear calculator!! Not happening. But i don't know if i could make them work either!! This something I've never done!!
  12. C

cutting gears turning shafts by tangent discs

Can I cut gears on Alibre? Can I put discs tangent to each other and drive shafts at a ratio established by their radii? Is there a constraint that simply locks one surface to another (so far I'm liking the older system of constraints better)? I can's seem to find any training on anchoring??
  13. C

error messages

Hi guys, appreciate your help!! I don't know if this is the proper place for this but here goes; gotten several messages of this nature and it says "if it persists" report it. Here's the entire message; not a clue about how to fix!! at...
  14. C

Swimming Assemblies

The purpose of my assembly is to alllow me to closely study the motion i'm theorizing about! i need to be able to watcn it very closely. The problem i'm having is that the whole assembly drawing swims as I'm trying to manipulate only the mechanism.. I want to be able to maniputlate and then...
  15. C

Assembly Issues

i've had this happen several times now. i'm half way into building an assembly and all of a sudden it's not an assembly anymore! This version 24! i end up starting over again? Another assembly is that all of a sudden i've got multiple constraints that are RED with a little red X on them...
  16. C

Basic issues

I'm so glad you guys are here! I'm glad the yanks bought it back from 3D systems!:cool: Fusion 360 creeps me out!!!! When I'm doing a basic 2d drawing it gives me nothing to move the drawing into a usable position (22 inch monitor). I end up having to push it around by bulldozing it into a use...