What's new

Search results

1. Acara

Turbulent Mouse Movement

I wanted to get an opinion on the mouse movement to rotate. I have it set to Shift + Middle Click to rotate around the model and for some reason it's always delayed and the mouse must move X amount before it starts rotating. Any suggestions? I really prefer this when not using my Space Mouse due...
  2. Acara

Hardware for a Design Engineer

Good afternoon all, I am looking to once again upgrade my laptop (currently the specs are in my signature) to a newer one. I have recently had some problems with the fans blowing constantly and not being able to change the speed of them for some reason so I think it is time for it to go. As far...
  3. Acara

License Problem

Good evening all, I switched business domains recently and had to update my Alibre accounts over to the new email. Everyone was done very quickly by the Alibre staff and after speaking to Matt at the Alibre sales desk, I released my license from the software and paid to upgrade the account I...
  4. Acara

Importing .ipt/.iam Files

Is there a good way to do this? I currently have version 21 all the way to 24 (will be upping my product support tonight to v26). I tried to import and keep existing geometry as I work with Inventor but wasn't able to achieve any real results for features I could work with. Any thoughts? I think...
  5. Acara

Unable To Chamfer Edge Correctly

Good evening all, I was trying to chamfer some tubing and noticed that It was causing an inconsistency in the model and wouldn't allow it. I'm basically attempting to do a 45 deg cut on some square tubing for a platform and it doesn't seem to want to work. I also tried making a cut just as I...
  6. Acara

Releasing A License From An Old Install [SOLVED]

Good evening all, last night I was working on my PC and had to do a recovery on it. During this I had forgotten to do a release on the license and now can't get into the software because of this. Is there a way that I can release the license to use it? I kept all the old windows files in a file...
  7. Acara

Quirks?

I'll start this out by saying that I am used to programs like SOLIDWORKS and Inventor so I may be spoiled a bit. Using version 21, I'm attempting to sketch but notice that for everything I do, I have to be dead on where I want to click for anything. This includes constraints, sketches...
  8. Acara

Saving Step Files

Hello all, I wish I would have used this much more when I was paying for my maintenance lol. I'm currently trying to import a part from McMaster as a step file and when I go to save it's asking me to save off all of my features along with it. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? My...