What's new

Search results

1. U

Dimension a DIA on a detail view

I was trying to figure out how to suppress half the dimension line, where is it please? Yeah I've no issues doing a bit of jiggery pokery but I would say there is something abnormal about dimensions on imported parts. I've known this in other software, like the centre line thing
  2. U

Yes, I did. Thinking that maybe the way forward. But it seemed to move the dimension into fresh air
  3. U

Just to add to this, the parts were an imported stp file. I've set up a file now and it behaves differently. To get the rad in the detail view, I've needed to move the detail circle past the centre line so it updates and appears in the detail view. Dimension from centreline to outside face to...
  4. U

Hi all, I have a view which shows a step on the part. I've given it a detail view, increased the scale and positioned on the sheet. I then want to dimension the diameters. I thought I'll add a centre line and then dimension to that, then overide the dimension with the figure it should be. Not...
  5. U

Red dimensions in drawings - again.....

Weirdly when I open my file up now it's got less issues! I tried making a fresh file and it didn't do it, but I can email send it to a staff member but can't post it on here. So long as we can ensure it's deleted at their end once they have looked at it?
  6. U

I'll do an example of what my file was doing, I can't share the actual file, but I'll try and recreate it
  7. U

I did a drawing a few weeks ago, so general assembly and a few other sheets. Decided to just hide the parts from the views I didn't need. Did all the dims. Saved it all fine. Opened it up again I'd say 90% of the dims were red. I reassociated them, same again saved. Opened the next day, same...
  8. U

Opening an .obj file

Some more examples of the manual nurb creation and the auto function.
  9. U

Opening an .obj file

Example of a simple part.
  10. U

Opening an .obj file

The software has two modes a simple mode and advanced. Simple is bring in the part. Lets say it's a downloaded stl from something like thingiverse and it's got simple shapes. Rectangles, rads, holes, boss features etc. The simple mode will switch them to a solid and will give you proper...
  11. U

Opening an .obj file

I have a license for that software so if you want a test piece doing let me know
  12. U

Atom3D and threads for 3D printing

I just have a set of taps and die. Run it down once it's done to clean it up
  13. U

Does anyone have a good way to convert an .stl file to something that Alibre can use?

https://instepstudio3d.com/ I use this. In basic mode it works well to find cylinders etc and gives nice clean surfaces. In advanced mode you can draw on the surface and generate a nurbs straight from the mesh. It's a little clunky, didn't do as well as they thought so not a huge amount of...
  14. U

Hole call out and pockets

Let's say you have the hole in, then it needs modifying with a pocket down the line. Are you telling me you would take the hole out, put the pocket in, then put the hole in again on the pocket face? Or would you just put the pocket in after the hole in the model history, check the depth, and...
  15. U

Hi, yes that's what I was saying, and did say, you would need to do it the other way round. But if you are unaware of that then it could catch you out. I personally would've thought it would work both ways
  16. U

Sorry, the hole was a counterbore and the hole tool called it out ok. It's just if you then do a pocket on the face where the counterbore is, redo the hole call out it doesn't take into account the material removed by the pocket. Still calls out the original values on the hole.
  17. U

Hi all, I've just drafted up a job I've done with some holes in and machined pockets on the same face. In the history my counterbored hole was done first, I then did a pocket, so taking depth away from the counterbore. I then did the drawing. Granted this may be a little back to front but...
  18. U

CAM ( actually FEA )

Mecway is very good. Good price and lots of support and updates
  19. U

Break out stops hole call out from working?

I've done some more testing and the drawing I had an issue with is a multi part drawing. So each view is made using the assembly and the parts I didn't want are hidden. I've then started again and done an individual drawing of the part and the issue isn't there. I've screen recorded both situations.